• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Gas Cap leaking

BroadwayBlue

The twist lock structure is in every filler neck. Most auto parts stores will have a cap that will fit and seal. If you do this you will need to remove the spring and seal from your old pop off cap to make room for the twist on cap.
Marty

That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming Marty!

BroadwayBlue

I absolutely love my inside gas fill solution. No more shutting off as you fill your tank. No more spilling. Looks totally stock with the pop open as a fake that is blanked off. Easy to convert back to stock, so the next owner can squat on their knees and listen to the gurgle sound to ensure they do not spill over and ruin the paint behind the bumper and behind the license plate....

The ability to stand up like a normal human and fill my tank.... PRICELESS!

Rob

I do like your approach Rob and something I may consider longer term.

I'll miss kneeling and paying respect to my car when filling up.
Can't forget the pad of paper towels on the bumper under the gas cap to catch any overflow in case I miss that gurgle :rolleyes:

For now I'll just drive more and get the fuel level down a bit until I decide on a solution. :grin: