• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Fraud Special on Ebay

mike in CA

The Medowlark Yellow GT/CS that has been on Ebay recently is a fraudulent listing. If you win, they want you to send full payment by bank wire transfer before they will allow any inspection which means they will be long gone with your money by the time you find out that they don't own the car. They will not give you a phone number or even call you on yours or allow you to see that the car even exists without full payment. I believe their Ebay account identity was stolen. BE CAREFULL!!! Do not send any money on any listings before you verify the car really being sold exsits and never send anything by bank wire transfer.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and indeed his identity was stolen. So his businees is ligitamate and even his listing was ligitamate, but after the sale the identity thief sent out second chance offers using his name and account.

Cheers

Mike

Last edited:

JohnnyQuest515

If it is fraudulent then alert ebay! There is a link on each page where you can talk live and just give them the listing number and they will check it out.

For a while all I did was look for ads such as this, found several each day and most where for Shelby's!

Randy

OP
OP
mike in CA

mike in CA

The first thing I did was alert Ebay. I also checked with the dealership that this car is at and they know nothing about any second chance offers. So I am thinking the scammer gets the info from a real account and listing and then sends out second chance offers after the sale. Then asks you to send full payment by bank wire. That was the sure tip off that it was a scam for me. No one does business that way except scammers.

Mike

Last edited:

judy

The Medowlark Yellow GT/CS that has been on Ebay recently is a fraudulent listing. If you win, they want you to send full payment by bank wire transfer before they will allow any inspection which means they will be long gone with your money by the time you find out that they don't own the car. They will not give you a phone number or even call you on yours or allow you to see that the car even exists without full payment. I believe their Ebay account identity was stolen. BE CAREFULL!!! Do not send any money on any listings before you verify the car really being sold exsits and never send anything by bank wire transfer.

I have spoken to the owner of the company and indeed his identity was stolen. So his businees is ligitamate and even his listing was ligitamate, but after the sale the identity thief sent out second chance offers using his name and account.

Cheers

Mike

Mike,
This is the owners wife also the owner, just to get the facts straight our account or idenity was not stolen. These scammers just send these emails out by copying and pasting from old adds, and enter fraudulent info. The email was Not sent from our account. We notified Ebay right away about emails being sent to people under our name. These scams happen all the time, so I suggest to be careful and contact the person directly like you did.
Ragards,
Judy