• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Can Anyone With A X Code Answer This Question

twoclassics

Anyone With A X Code, Can You Answer This Question
I Am Looking For The Correct Numbers On The X Code 2 Barrell Intake Manifold. Very Hard Info To Find, And I Suspect I Am Only Going To Get It From A X Code Owner Thanks Chuck

68gt390

Chuck;
I believe these are the numbers you are looking for: Before 1/9/68 - Part #C5AZ-9424-P, Casting #C7TE-9425-G, From 1/9/68 - Part #C5AZ-9424-R and Casting #C8TE-9425-A.

And you thought only an "X" code person could give you those. :rolleyes:

Don

Perkchiro

"And you thought only an "X" code person could give you those."

Hey Don, You da man!!!

P

PNewitt

So with numbers like "C5AZ" (Big car Ford, like Galaxie), and C7TE; C8TE (Thunderbird, either 1967 or 1968), that one could look for a 2 bbl. 390 or 428 intake from those vehicles?

I'm guessing that the variance in the numbers after Jan 9, 1968 have something to do with smog ports, etc. to meet Federal the specs set by Jan 1, 1968.

This might be helpful if it's right--right Don?

Paul N.

C160223

PNewitt said:
C7TE; C8TE (Thunderbird, either 1967 or 1968), that one could look for a 2 bbl. 390 or 428 intake from those vehicles?

Paul
the "T" in C7TE is for Truck, not thunderbird. T-bird uses "S" as in C8SE, and yes, the big heavy cast iron FE 2 bbl intake from any Ford, Galaxie, and truck will be correct as long as the casting date is within range

68gt390

PNewitt said:
So with numbers like "C5AZ" (Big car Ford, like Galaxie), and C7TE; C8TE (Thunderbird, either 1967 or 1968), that one could look for a 2 bbl. 390 or 428 intake from those vehicles?

I'm guessing that the variance in the numbers after Jan 9, 1968 have something to do with smog ports, etc. to meet Federal the specs set by Jan 1, 1968.

This might be helpful if it's right--right Don?

Paul N.

Paul;
Not hard to find when you use a "Ford Parts Identifier" book. Just have to read the lines correctly and make sure you can type. :grin:

As stated earlier the "T" is for truck. That's one of the good things about the 390, you can use truck parts in most applications that apply to the "X" code engines. I know a lot of folks who have replaced their original block both "X" and "S" codes with a truck block. As long as your not doing a concourse set-up then you have to be careful of the date codes on the parts. As for the 1 Jan 68 date your probably correct when talking smog requirements. I'm not really sure on that one.

Don

OP
OP
T

twoclassics

OK Don How about the 2 barrel carb, which one

Any help with the carb numbers, I am looking at my book and I can not decifer the codes, does not supply enough info Chuck

P

PNewitt

Of course--"T" is for Truck, not for T-Bird.

My brain had a log jamb that day. Sorry

Paul N.

hookedtrout

PNewitt said:
Of course--"T" is for Truck, not for T-Bird.

My brain had a log jamb that day. Sorry

Paul N.

No, T is for T Bird! At least it is in the song Red Neck Mother. M is for the Mud Flaps on my pickup truck, O is for the Oil I put on my hair, T is for T Bird, H is for Haggard, E is for Eggs and R is for Red Neck. There you have it straight from the guitar of Jerry Jeff Walker as only he could sing it.

Cory

rvrtrash

hookedtrout said:
There you have it straight from the guitar of Jerry Jeff Walker as only he could sing it.

Cory

Did he play with Motley Crue?:rofl: :rofl: