• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 68 Hot Wheel GTCS on TV

nineofive

On the July 7 broadcast of Fat & Furious . . ., a guy comes in to the shop and says "I want one of these" and hands them a well worn Hot Wheels car. . His story was he loved the toy car (and 1968's he saw) as a kid and wanted one for over 30 years. They found a nice fastback and dropped in a Rousch 427.
The funning thing is: the toy appeared to be a GTCS hot wheels car. From the brief and far off views, I saw the side scoops. Finally, the one close up showed the side view to be a COUPE not fastback.

Mark Puls

I saw the same show....yelled to my wife that it was a coupe not a fastback model and then saw the scoops on the side and was shocked to see it was a GT/CS. She said I should post something here.

Great to see I wasn't the only one who saw the error.

By the way the price of the fastback they bought was $11,500 and looked to be a steal for charging the Guy $60k to drop in a Roush and do some suspension work