• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Fiberglass Hood Wish List

I've always wondered...why isn't there a '68 Shelby hood (with that distinctive "snout" twin air scoops) made to fit a "stock" (non-Shelby) '67-'68 Mustang?

As you know, the '68 Shelby hood is actually a shortened '68 hood, since the Shelby front end has this crosspiece with the S-H-E-L-B-Y letters on it, between the headlight buckets.

If some manufacturer could just make this hood with the extended original front lip (just like an original hood), we could just bolt these on our CS cars (or any other '67-'68 Mustang).

...Unless someone already has done this??

PMN

RacingFan

I wonder if we could get an aftermarket company to take a look at it. I love the looks of the 68 Shelby's, but you can't duplicate the front end without alot of time, money, and effort. Great point Paul. What are the chances of getting you out for the Ford Weekend at Carlilse in May?

OP
OP
G

I really appreciate the invite--and I'd love to see that part of the country (never have). I've got commitments 'till the fall. Not to get off the subject here, but as a designer/writer/etc.. I have two big projects going (a scale model kit and a Model RR book).

Someday, I hope the get that 390 rebuilt, and we all can do a "Special" drive on Route 66 across the country...and/or meet up with the Europeans on that 2004 Pony Drive...

Paul.

J.Bart

I THINK SOMEONE MAKES THESE HOODS YOUR TALKING OF. I HAVE SEEN THEM ON EBAY, ATLEAST I THINK THE 67 SHELBY HOOD. IT WAS METAL NOT FIBERGLASS AND WAS A BOLT ON. I THINK I HAVE SEEN THE 68 SHELBY TOO
J. BART

x-codegtcs

The link above seems to be the 67 shelby hood even though they call it out for the 68. The correct 68 has the intake closer to the front and the shark gills on the back.

bryce