• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Just a thought on how to improve some of our exposure and maybe our pockets...

Canuck CSter

Hey group,

Not sure if I mentioned this before ( I work too much ) I have contacted a ford dealership here in Ottawa about putting my car in there showroom during the new CS launch when it comes.

In lew of cash I'll take garage time and let them spruce it up alittle..

Only because I may know the least on the site of all of us ( y chromisomes included ) no disrespect to Ronda and the others intended.

Sure the more mechanically inclined can take the latter..

Anyhow either way it would be a nice chance to pass the CS experiance and lineage along..

I'm sure a few words from our members of our shelby roots may ease the partiing of the newbies cash.

If nothing else it may carry alittle weight in explaining the purchase to the wife.....

Good luck to you all, I'll send pics if it ever gets that far...

DR in Ottawa

P.S. Would be a good time for ford to offer one of pauls new books with the purchase of a new CS....Don't ya think.

Attachments

• Dcarsh.jpg
    Dcarsh.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 22

T Code Bob

Re:Just a thought on how to improve some of our exposure and maybe our pockets..

I'm not sure I'd be comfortable leaving my GT/CS sitting on some dealer's lot for a promo. I'm not sure I'd even be that OK with people crawling thru it in the showroom. A few pictures would be OK, but I would want to leave it alone.

Mosesatm

Re:Just a thought on how to improve some of our exposure and maybe our pockets..

Just write up a simple agreement that forces the dealership to fix any damage or wear. It should also say that the dealership must wash, wax, and detail the car before it is returned to you. Don't forget to write down the mileage and the fuel level, too.

I think the best way to inspect the car beforehand is to personally wash, wax and detail it. That way you get to see every blemish before it goes to the dealership. When it comes back all clean and shiny be sure to wash, wax, and detail it again, even after they do it.

Also photograph every inch of the car inside and out before you drop it off.

What is the absolute worst thing that could happen? It gets scratched? A seat gets torn? Unless it's an original paint and original seat car who cares? Just make them fix it to your satisfaction, using NOS parts or parts of better quality than the car had.

390cs68rcode

I can see the argument now.............

there is a huge key scratch on my $5000 paint job, paint the whole thing for me before I pick it up. Bad scene

I see too many negatives compared to the positives

Mosesatm

[quote author=jbsteven link=board=3;threadid=2093;start=0#msg14112 date=1125624752]
I can see the argument now.............

there is a huge key scratch on my $5000 paint job, paint the whole thing for me before I pick it up. Bad scene

I see too many negatives compared to the positives
[/quote]

It's such a cynical world in which we live.

Jason, is this $6,000 paint job on your $20,000 Mustang or your $120,000 Mercedes?

How and why would someone key the car in a Ford dealer's showroom? Are there some strange people in the world who would do such a thing? Sure there are but good lord what are the odds? I think the odds are greater that some drunk might plow into one of our precious cars so I guess we had better just leave them in our garages and never drive them. Can't take the risk.

On the flip-side I agree that if someone has a GT/CS with a virgin $6,000 paint job leaving the car unattended for a weekend may be less than prudent, but I also think that such a situation is the exception instead of the rule. Hell, I'd love to get a new paint job for free because some punk keyed the car in front of dozens of people in a new car dealership!

Mustanglvr

My thought is "What better place to show off a $6000.00 paint job then a showroom?" I must admit though, that with the paintjob mine has, which is an old job needing touchups, I will hit the roof if some stranger even leans on the car. But that I consider very rude. I would`nt just lean on someones car, even if it was a $50.00 beater car.

390cs68rcode

on my 289 CS I had the paint buffed (took 12 hours) so that if someone scrapes it with their jeans it will scratch. The previous owner did not put any clearcoat on it. The paint looks fantastic but scratces if someone breathes too hard on it.

hookedtrout

I like the idea, I think I'll go for it and leave some sand paper there with mine and maybe by the time I get it back it will be sanded and ready for paint. ;D

Hook

Perkchiro

Most expensive classics I've seen sitting in showrooms have been roped off with signs indicating "please don't touch". I know you can't make a barrier good enough for some nut case scratching your car, but that seems a remote risk.

Steve

OP
OP
C

Canuck CSter

Here guys I'm not saying leave the car and the keys at the door and come back a week later.

One would assume there is a greater risk of something happening at a local show or show and shine night.

More people at once, alot more kids and only one person watching it.

Yes have an agreement, yes it needs to be roped off and protected.

But the last time a crazed lonnie busted thru the front door in front of a dozen people and leaped the line just to scratch a car thats almost 40 years old.

Was a guy who just lost it to the wife in a divorice and I ain't married so think I'll take my chances....

I admit it's not for all, but I personally, as most of ya know don't have much coin to invest in the car, keeping it for 20 years has been tuff enough for me...

Honestly the bigger issue here is I feel we have an obligation to show our cars when the new ones come out, weather it be pictures or an afternoon showing.

We have always shown other car clubs that our concern and conviction is higher than most, here is a chance to walk the walk.

I'm sure ford and it's dealers would appriciate it in the long run, and with Pauls sense of humor he may need all the favors he can get, with these guys down the road

( Just kidding paul )

Just my 1 cent....

DR in Ottawa

Guess you all will want me back at work, so I'll stay off the board....

[quote author=Perkchiro link=board=3;threadid=2093;start=0#msg14143 date=1125676128]
Most expensive classics I've seen sitting in showrooms have been roped off with signs indicating "please don't touch". I know you can't make a barrier good enough for some nut case scratching your car, but that seems a remote risk.

Steve
[/quote]

nfrntau

I've been in a lot of show rooms over the years and I think I've seen a lot more people drinking and carousing at car shows. Most people don't get drunk and then go to a show room and look for a new car. On the other hand I have been guilty of drinking at a car show and can guarantee I will do it again. ;D ;D ;D