• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Route 66 Cruise

Mustanger

At first I thought you were talking about the show in So Cal:

http://www.route-66.org/

This show is a blast, it's huge, and it's lots of fun. I got to see Big Daddy Ed Roth here before he passed away, along with many other famous greats (Shelby, Jan & Dean, Stars from American Graffitti, etc..)...
and the cool thing is that it's free for spectators ;D (it's a little pricey to enter your car though :().

Anyone planning to go to the show in San Berdoo ???

Diesel Donna

I will be at the Route 66 Rendezvous in mid September but this time I am driving my 1970 Cadillac Ambulance. I bought it last year in western New York and this past June I flew back there and drove it 4,100 miles to California. What a trip!

So anyhow, the last time I took my GT/CS to this show it actually overheated because you couldn't really cruise...it was like being on a SoCal freeway. This year they have expanded the cruise route to twice the size.
Oh and the last time I went, I pre-registered very early and my entry number was 68 ! Wooo Hoooo!

So look for me there and stop to talk please, you can't miss this car, it's HUGE! (We don't have to talk about that car though, haha) Maybe I can tow the Mustang behind it?

~~~~Donna

Mustanger

[quote author=Diesel Donna link=board=1;threadid=1995;start=0#msg13699 date=1124593939]
I will be at the Route 66 Rendezvous in mid September but this time I am driving my 1970 Cadillac Ambulance. I bought it last year in western New York and this past June I flew back there and drove it 4,100 miles to California. What a trip!

So anyhow, the last time I took my GT/CS to this show it actually overheated because you couldn't really cruise...it was like being on a SoCal freeway. This year they have expanded the cruise route to twice the size.
Oh and the last time I went, I pre-registered very early and my entry number was 68 ! Wooo Hoooo!

So look for me there and stop to talk please, you can't miss this car, it's HUGE! (We don't have to talk about that car though, haha) Maybe I can tow the Mustang behind it?

~~~~Donna
[/quote]

Donna,

Did you make it to the show? I was there Saturday, and it was jam-packed full of people, and I couldn't find you.
I did see a lime-green w/ white stripes CS cruising around 8). I tried catching up with it to see it up close, but no luck ... I kinda felt like the guy in American Graffiti running around trying to catch up to Suzanne Somers in the white T-bird ;) ... which, by the way, was there - the white T-bird, not Suzanne, however, Cassandra Peterson (Elvira) was there 8).

Hoop69Mach1: Did you make it to the show?

Hoop69Mach1

I cruised it late Fri night! But was unable to check things out on Sat or Sun. I cruised in my 69 & my wife cruised in the CS. ;D Of course she got all the looks ;). Not sure if it was the car...or her.

Diesel Donna

Mustanger...No, unfortunately I was not there as my Dad suddenly was diagnosed with acute myloid leukemia and died 19 days later :'( so I left California for western New York on Sept. 6. I am needed here at home for another month and then to drive my Dad's fifth wheel trailer across the US to Lake Havasu City, AZ where he spent his winters.....my stepmom still wants to continue this but not do the driving. Anyhow...YES my CS was there at Route 66 Rendezvous but I had a friend take it for me...so the car you couldn't catch was mine. I also will not be at the Queen Mary show tomorrow. Wish I could have been there but Dad was waaaaaaay more important. There will always be another car show....and my Dad was the ultimate Ford man....I will get back to this site at a later date to tell you about all the Ford motor books and manuals he has holed up in the garage!! Guess who gets them!! Dad woulda been so happy! I have to use a computer at the local library so be patient please. ~~~~Donna

Mustanger

Donna,

I'm sorry to hear about your Dad passing away, you'll definitely be in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that you can get all your affairs straightened out, and yes, you're right, there'll always be another car show next time :).
Take care, and God bless :).

Diesel Donna

Mustanger,
Thank you so much for your condolences.

We are doing okay finding titles to vehicles and stuff but Dad sure had a funny way of filing things! Just can't find the title to his 1947 Indian Chief...I heard that maybe they didn't have titles back then...does anyone know anything about that?

Thanks again...the people on this site are so wonderful.
~~~~Donna