• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Tucson, AZ

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Doug,

Per our PM's and voicemails it sounds like you've found a member to take a look. Be sure to let us know if you end up adding this one to your stable. :smile:

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

I will. Doug

Flying to Tucson, AZ on Monday - let you know. Should be home Monday night.

One thing that I will say is that Kevin in Tucson has been fantastic and a great help. This is what this site is all about helping each other out.

Thanks Jon for the induction.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Doug

Doug

I will. Doug

Flying to Tucson, AZ on Monday - let you know. Should be home Monday night.

One thing that I will say is that Kevin in Tucson has been fantastic and a great help. This is what this site is all about helping each other out.

Thanks Jon for the induction.

UPDATE –
I went looking for a Mustang for my son who wanted a Mustang GT and came home with a 2007 Shelby GT.

I told my wife that we needed to do this because it would be a lot safer than driving an older car; after almost 23 years she still believes me.

I have to give thanks Jon who introduced me to a new CA SP owner from Tucson who spend countless hours working as my eyes on this car. I flew to Tucson on Monday morning and by 11pm was back home in northern Los Angeles County a trip of 521 miles and getting 20MPG doing the safe speed of 80+. The car was far better than expected both handling and the appearance; photos do not do it justice. Now the real dilemma do I have to really give the car to my son or can I keep it myself?

As I’ve said before this site is the greatest and would recommend that anybody who is looking for a car or whatever just put it out there and someone will jump and assist just like Kevin did in Tucson and another site member did for me when I originally bought my 390 CS.

gofastguy

UPDATE –
I went looking for a Mustang for my son who wanted a Mustang GT and came home with a 2007 Shelby GT.

You must be about the coolest dad ever!! There's quite a few SGT's here at this site. I guess that we are pretty good at picking out cool cars! Would this be a Barrett-Jackson edition?

OP
OP
Doug

Doug

You must be about the coolest dad ever!! There's quite a few SGT's here at this site. I guess that we are pretty good at picking out cool cars! Would this be a Barrett-Jackson edition?

Our son has the coolest mom; without her approval the car would be mine and not our sons. The car is white with grey stripes, tan interior and its an automatic. The Shelby number is 4208 and was sold new in Nov 07, it has about 28000 miles and was not much more than a nice GT. An interesting point is that every GT we looked at we keeping thinking about the things that we could do to it to make it a little different than all the other stock GT out there. With the Shelby GT it's already different. A couple of people asked me why didn't we get a 2007 California Special - we didn't because it was too expensive.

Lastly my son says that I could drive it anyutime that I want - he figures once a week; maybe to the gas station.