• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

80's Correspondence from Paul N.

Diesel Donna

I was unpacking a ton of boxes and came across two large envelopes I had saved from the 80's. One envelope had a pristine copy of Paul's 1996 Registry with note from him inside. I never even opened this copy up, I saved it and always referred to my other copy, which has since gotten grease or something on the back cover.
The other envelope contained several letters from Paul dated from 1986 to 1995. This includes the newsletters he used to put out and two letters that have Elvis stamps on them at 29 cents. Postage in 1986 was .22 cents.
One bulletin from him has his offer of the old tee shirts with Leia as his model...some of you met her at the Grass Valley BBQ. His GT/CS catalog offered a key fob that I always wanted but I couldn't afford it back then at $14.95 for the Nickel one and $19.95 for the California Gold one. In one envelope I also found the gold and black GT/CS decal, it was an extra one,and as is my habit...I saved it "just in case".

I got a kick out of looking at all that stuff I had saved. He gave out the progress of his books as he still does now and I even have two photos of his Royal Maroon CS.
I thought you guys and gals would get a kick out of it.....talk about the archives!!

~~~~Donna

P

PNewitt

"Pssst....your "hush money" check is in the mail, Donna".

<<hiding>>

Paul "I'm innocent!" N.

LOL!

(thanks, I'd forgotten all about that stuff...)

OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

"Pssst....your "hush money" check is in the mail, Donna".

<<hiding>>

Paul "I'm innocent!" N.

LOL!

(thanks, I'd forgotten all about that stuff...)

Hahahaaaa. I LOVE having "evidence". Naw, it's harmless stuff....fun to remember how far we have come with the preservation and love of these cars. Oh yeah...it also made me feel old. :embarass:

clubpro

Okay Donna I'll give you $20 for the GT/CS decal.

Cheers!

Ron

P

PNewitt

Duh!!!!

WOW. Joe, how thoughtful!

Why didn't I think of this before?....I'll make new, round gold decals, and sell them for, what? $10 (or more each?) each to raise money for the book?

Once again, Joe is on to something that leads to something great! First the GAS event, now this.

And a thanks to Donna for being such a nice packrat (LOL). Gotta love that woman!

Paul N.

Mosesatm

From the Winter 1988 issue of Mustang Illustrated

I'll be posting something from the May 1998 issue as soon as it arrives.

Attachments

• GTCS T-Shirt Ad small.jpg
    GTCS T-Shirt Ad small.jpg
    122 KB · Views: 33
  • 1988 Winter MI Cover Small.jpg
    1988 Winter MI Cover Small.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 37
Last edited:
OP
OP
Diesel Donna

Diesel Donna

Oh it's you Arlie! I thought Donna was posting more stuff she found of herself and her CS in a magazine! :icon_ecst

Hahahahaaa Rich, I've never been a blonde...okay so I'm DARK blonde, very dark. That's Leia in the right photo. My car came along in the May 98 issue of MI, LOL!