• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Triple "B's" Garage

robert campbell

Dudes,
This may be a continue to the "photo your winter fun" thread before. The continuing saga in "big block bob's" (trible B's) garage. Keep in mind this was a condescending name given to me in the 1970's by a close friend who is still a very close friend!! If you can't laugh at yourself, trust me others will!!

As we build the 460 for Val's Fastback I will keep you posted! A 1956 Ford Truck coming in next week and a 1964 Comet Caliente the following week. Never a dull moment!!

Rob

1977 Corvette into the garage to make her be she can all she can be! Used to fall on her face a die at a light! Not any more!!!

1963 Vette needing some help to be all she can be. Success!! another engine needing some advance and fine tuning!

Can't forget my dorkey Hodaka bike to ride around the lake!!

1957 Pontiac Star Chief. New PCV system and some Carter AFB tuning! Runs like a top now!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Post your garage fun here if you want to!!

This car was purchased this year in Arizona for $97k. Real deal 1969 Boss 302 that has been a Gold level winner for the last 5 years. Ran like doo doo. A few days in the garage, a carb rebuild, and fuel system cleaning and she runs like a top!! This car is B E A U tiful!!!

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Arlie,
Joe has other commitments right now. We may regroup in a year or so. Not to mention that I am going to tear up the Fastback a bit and actually work on one of my own cars!!

You guys can help me spend my money!!!!! Although I am darn good at it!!!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Ready for winter!! One gorgeous 65 Vert, A little tuning and choke adjustment and she purrs like a kitten.

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

So the 1964 HIPO 289 in Val's Fastback was taken away yesterday. The 13 to 1 compression ratio, purpose built, 7,500 RPM, solid roller cam motor has a new home.

But Rob is not going backward in the HP wars with brand X!!

Here is his new bullet!! the first performance engine he has not assembled from the ground up!

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/M-6007-Z460FFT

A few pics in the garage. Now to spruce up the engine bay and assemble this bad boy with an 850 double pumper and all the stuff behind her!! I am stoked and amped beyond measure!! Now you get to help me spend my money!!!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

My goal may be to wait for FiTech to introduce their 8 Stack fuel injection!! I talked with them at length and they are building one as we speak!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

New motor has the Super Victor intake installed and the flywheel, clutch, pressure plate and bell housing installed. 850 Holley double pumper is ready in the background. Tildon hydraulic throw out bearing has the depth set and is ready. The bell housing has been centered on the crank pilot bearing via dial indicator and .007 offset dowel pins. Kind a fun learning experience. Tech line at Lakewood was not a lot of help.

The engine came with yellow cad bolts on the water pump and timing cover and yellow cad soft plugs in the heads. Kinda liked the "industrial look" so yellow cad everywhere!!

Borgeson power box is installed and engine compartment is cleaned and painted. Hope to land the motor soon and mock up the headers! The Ford Z heads on this motor have "high port" exhaust openings that increase exhaust flow throughout the rpm range. Stan Johnson at Ford Powertrain applications has set me up with a prototype long tube header that will benefit 67 to 70 Mustangs with this conversion. They are uncoated and I have Ron Morris adjustable motor mounts to assist in fitment. I feel like they will fit first time!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

Our 295 50R 15 Firestone Firehawks will not stand a chance!!! Not that they did before!!!

Finished the Borgeson power steering conversion about 5 minutes ago! Might land this bad boy in the next couple days!!

Rob

Ruppstang

Rob are you going to wear a G suit when you drive it so you do not black out?

p51

Rob are you going to wear a G suit when you drive it so you do not black out?

Here's a picture of Rob getting ready to go to the grocery store... :wink:

Attachments

• rob in a g-suit.jpg
    rob in a g-suit.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 37
OP
OP
R

robert campbell

The Eagle has landed!! Headers are next. She fills up the engine compartment for sure! She is also very tall. Good thing I have a Boss 429 hood scoop and already a large hole under it!

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

This Mustang was an original 390 GTA car. So it has the shock towers welded and will receive sub-frame connectors. Who knows, maybe a roll cage is in its future...

Rob

OP
OP
R

robert campbell

The pulley, alternator, and power steering pump spacing took some money and finesse. Stan Johnson at Ford Powertrain Applications is a wealth of information on what is out there on these new crate engines. Machinist is spinning new spacers for the PS pump this week. Pulleys are Ford Racing, brackets are CVF Racing, and a .909 crank spacer was sourced from Ford Racing also. These crate motors look the same on the front, but there are subtle differences.

Headers are still a week away. These headers are the first of their kind to fit a high port Ford "Z" head on a 9.5 deck into a vintage Mustang. Anyone attempting this conversion is welcome to ask me questions on what I ran into. Here is a link to Stan Johnson's website. He specializes in headers for Ford applications. They are top dollar quality and tuck up high under the car to provide max ground clearance. Check out his site!

http://www.fordpowertrain.com/FPAindex/headers2.htm