• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Marti Reports?

GT_CS

Hello Enthusiats!

Just a question

I have been looking around for a GT/CS for quite a while now, and i understand that the 'Kevin Marti Report' is the best way to find whether the car is an authentic GT/CS or a Bogus. After looking at some deluxe marti reports for a few cars, 'california special' is listed as an 'option', is this the way in which a california special is identified in such reports ????

Basically if i've confused anyone, i'm asking how in a Marti Report is a GT/CS Identified?

Thanks!

68gt390

You've got it. It is identified in the Marti Report as an option. You'll see an area that says "Your vehicle was ordered with the following options". Low and behold it will say "California Special".

Don 8)

classicsguy

You got it right! The option list should include California Special If its not there its not a CS! Even the standard report will confirm it. Another great information that is included in the options is if the car is a true GT it will say GT Equipment group in the options. Hope this helps!

OP
OP
G

GT_CS

That is Brilliant you guys are really really helpful, this is a great website with really great members,

here's one more for you guys,

i've recently seen a gt/cs with a woodgrain finish on the dash and steering wheel, it also has the deluxe interior with consoles, does this necessarily mean its a GT?

Sarge

No, it means it was built with the "deluxe interior". If you care to surf on this site, there was a very comprehensive listing of what each of the "packages" entailed written by Sunlitgold on them. Just don't surf for Col. "Sunlitgold", as he has been a plethera of information, and has about a bazillion posts...
Robert

Stacey Enderle

What options make it a GT?

classicsguy said:
You got it right! The option list should include California Special If its not there its not a CS! Even the standard report will confirm it. Another great information that is included in the options is if the car is a true GT it will say GT Equipment group in the options. Hope this helps!

What options does it make a CS a GT? I've always abit confused on that one. If I understand this correctly. Even the decals on the side my say CS/GT, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a GT?

Stacey:ponder:

390cs68rcode

Stacey Enderle said:
What options does it make a CS a GT? I've always abit confused on that one. If I understand this correctly. Even the decals on the side my say CS/GT, doesn't necessarily mean that it's a GT?

Stacey:ponder:

To be a true GT the car would have to have the GT Equipment Group listed as an option.

Mustanglvr

It would have to have a 302 or larger engine to come with the GT option also, right?

Mosesatm

Stacey, do your scoops have CS/GT, or GT/CS on them?

The "GT" nomenclature doesn't mean the car is a GT. It was just something the Ford marketing department came up with. Originally the car was supposed to be call a "GT/SC". It's good that the name was changed. I think "California Special" sounds better than "South Carolina". "SC" actually was for "Sport Coupe".

Stacey Enderle

The "GT" nomenclature doesn't mean the car is a GT.

Mosesatm said:

The "GT" nomenclature doesn't mean the car is a GT. It was just something the Ford marketing department came up with. Originally the car was supposed to be call a "GT/SC". It's good that the name was changed. I think "California Special" sounds better than "South Carolina". "SC" actually was for "Sport Coupe".

I looked at the scoop and it said GT/CS. The motor itself is a 289 at least according to the ID tag on the door. From what I was being told that it has to be a 302 or bigger in order for it to have a GT option. If I had the two switched around "SC/GT" I didn't mean to cause any confusion if I did.

Diesel Donna

Mosesatm said:

LOL, I always thought of South Carolina when I see it like that too.