• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Bob's Car March 2004 Mustang Monthly

Mosesatm

For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Teets' R-code High Country Special.

Attachments

• 2004 March MM Cover Small.jpg
    2004 March MM Cover Small.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 18
  • 2004 March MM 1 Small.jpg
    2004 March MM 1 Small.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 2004 March MM 2 Small.jpg
    2004 March MM 2 Small.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 26
  • 2004 March MM 3 Small.jpg
    2004 March MM 3 Small.jpg
    167.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 2004 March MM 4 Small.jpg
    2004 March MM 4 Small.jpg
    189.2 KB · Views: 33

Midnight Special

For those of you who are not familiar with Mr. Teets' R-code High Country Special.

...'Was privileged to see it in person last August :) A genuine treasure!!!!!

Wouldn't it be neat to see similar articles (esp. this year) about our guy with the 11-sec (streetable) GT/CS, or another of ours who bought his 428CJ version new in 1968. What about all the award winning "resto's from rust buckets" that live here, not to mention the well attended and spirited (well photographed) gatherings!... All with the leading paragraphs designed to set the record straight about our heritage, connections and user passions.

Now, some are whining on other threads about being mis-understood and not properly recognized. While I don't profess to know all the writers like a few here do; I do know we have incredible material!

...More features like the ones Arlie has posted and as Mike did last month will go a long way for this (40th) banner year...>>>

rvrtrash

I put my car (used the calender shot) on the Mustangs and Fords website to see if it would make the magazine. I encourage anyone here to do the same thing, or follow this link to comment/vote on mine. I didn't say anything earlier but thought maybe I should have.

http://rides.mustangandfords.com/index.html

Steve

66hcs-conv

Hi Gang,

If I may be permitted to brag a little . . . .

That is our 66 HCS on the top of the last two pages. I had forgotten about the article.

The day Tracy took the pics, we went into Rocky Mntn. Nat. Park and it was snowing in the background. I ended up with 1/4 inch of snow IN THE CAR by the time she was done! Nice warm garage and a couple of towels solved that problem.

Dave

di81977

Bob also had an article on his HCS's published in the March 10, 1997 edition of Mustangs Monthly. Pages 76-79. It features a C code he owned but also mentions his "recently acquired" 428 Cobra Jet High Country Special that one of his sons coaxed out of hiding. The scanner on my printer is not working, so I can not attach a copy.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Bob and his lovely wife, Shirley. She is a Saint, letting Bob store his cars in the garage and her car sitting in the drive way.

The article quotes Bob as saying he has bought and sold many Mustangs over the past 18 years...and has NO PLANS to make any more purchases.

Bob, how many cars have your bought since 1997? :)