• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What was your first car?

Sarge

My first car was a dune buggy. Porsche engine on a VW Bus frame. Not very fast, but with the top down, we could pile 9 people in it. Two in front buckets, three in back seat, and four on the floor! Then it was REALLY not fast!!!

I took my Drivers test in a '73 Olds Toronado. Parallel parking was a bit of a challenge in a boat that big, but I had driven it for quite a while by then (sssshhh... don't tell parents) so it was no big deal.:cool:

Diesel Donna

nfrntau said:
You would think with four on the floor it would be a little fast

Haha, I was thinking the same thing. By the way, I have decided to name my next dog Four on the Floor. Call if "Four" for short. :grin: :cool:

PB GT/CS

Ok folks, my first ride was the hand-me-down 65 Ford Custom, four door, 352 4v, auto, plasitic seats from my parents. The first car I bought for myself was a 64 Plymouth Valiant, four door, 225 slant 6, push button auto converted to a 4 spd (freshman year in college). It had been side swiped by a semi so it had a big black mark down the side and "shaved" door handles. I used a handy man jack to unfold the door handles so they would work. I paid $100 for it in 1973. I sold it to a Frat House for $150 one year later. All of my college friends loved the car. No harm could be done to it. I then bought a 64 Sport Fury, 360, 4 spd car my sophmore year. That was a great ride. One of those I wish I had back. When I graduated from College, I needed a more dependable car so I bought (are you ready) a Yellow 72 Pinto, Auto. That was the worse car I ever owned or rode in for that matter. NOthing worked when it should and everything that i can think of broke

I took my driver's test in a 67 (I think) Pontiac Catalina (Mom's car). I wanted a Mustang sooooo badly when I was in High School.

Brian.

rvrtrash

PB GT/CS said:
That was the worse car I ever owned or rode in for that matter. NOthing worked when it should and everything that i can think of broke

Brian.

My second TR6 was that way. I less than affectionately called it the "Car from Hell"

Steve

hookedtrout

65 Mustang, 289, Auto.

Cory

Attachments

• Car 65' Stangsmall.jpg
    Car 65' Stangsmall.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 28

Russ

My first car was a 1915 Model T Ford roadster. I still own it and drive it on Model T tours. My first real "driver" was a 1960 Austin Healy Sprite. Russ

Jayscal

My first car was a 1968 Chevelle SS396, aquired at the tender age of 15, drove it to California from PA in 1983. Blew the engine racing a Camaro in Cali, and dumped it for my California Special. Best move I ever made.

roadbum

Mine was a 69 442 olds and man it ran like it was on fire, which is why, when it met its maker in the form of a big ol' boat of a lincoln, I was glad it was parked in front of the house and I was fast asleep.

68CaliSp

My first car was a '67 Mustang coupe, 3 spd, straight 6. I currently still have her but I'm not sure for how long. You can catch a peak at her next to the Special in my gallery; 4th page I believe.

Also, whoever asked me where in Missouri a while back I'm right next to Fort Loenard Wood.

somethingspecial

Rhonda, The answer to your question is YES, My first GT/CS is also Tims First GT/CS. Boy, I'm glad we are talking about cars and not girls. Mike

P

PNewitt

somethingspecial said:
Boy, I'm glad we are talking about cars and not girls. Mike

LOL! Mike....

You know that "we guys" could say something 'bout that, but we'd be in a "heap of trouble" real fast, huh?

-Paul N.

p.s. yes, my first was a GT/CS, too (April '74), but I learned how to drive in a '62 Falcon Wagon (with optional back up lights, roof rack & seat belts!). Then I was spolied with a 390 in the parent's '69 LTD.

Mustanglvr

somethingspecial said:
Rhonda, The answer to your question is YES, My first GT/CS is also Tims First GT/CS. Boy, I'm glad we are talking about cars and not girls. Mike

Ok, thanks Mike. You guys had me a little confused there for awhile.
Oh, go ahead and talk about girls if you want. I`ve lightened up over the years about that stuff. But you may have to start up a whole new thread.:smile:

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
Ok, thanks Mike. You guys had me a little confused there for awhile.
Oh, go ahead and talk about girls if you want. I`ve lightened up over the years about that stuff. But you may have to start up a whole new thread.:smile:

...Yep, I see why the confusion Rhonda - "We guys" saw alot of simularity back then... Maybe what intrigued Mike was the stories of how this GT/CS had "been around the block" a few more times than most back then.
She did love to boogie! ;-) ;-) ;-) ...and was faithful to none!

joedls

Midnight Special said:
...Yep, I see why the confusion Rhonda - "We guys" saw alot of simularity back then... Maybe what intrigued Mike was the stories of how this GT/CS had "been around the block" a few more times than most back then.
She did love to boogie! ;-) ;-) ;-)

That always used to get my attention. Now, notice the use of the phrase "used to". :wink:

T Code Bob

My first car was a '68 Mustang coupe. It was Pebble Beige with a black vinyl top. At least it had a 302 in it. I replaced it with a '71 Mustang coupe before I even had my driver's license.