• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What was your first car?

Mustanger

I still have my first car ... it didn't look this nice when I first bought it while in high school, but after college and starting my career, I bought an '89 Mustang GT as my daily driver (many mods on that fast car) ... then I restored the mach ...

Attachments

• mach1_1_05_c.JPG
    mach1_1_05_c.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 22
  • mach1_2_05_c.JPG
    mach1_2_05_c.JPG
    81.7 KB · Views: 16
  • mach1_5_05_c.JPG
    mach1_5_05_c.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 14

LUVMYCS

Perkchiro said:
My first car was a 68 California Special. It was Candyapple red with black standard interior, 4 speed and a 289. I loved that car. With some minor engine tweaks,( headers, glass packs, holly 650 and an Edelbrock intake) I could chirp the tires up to 3rd gear. It was a lot of fun in high school. Even got me in trouble once with the police ( I won't elaborate on that one!) I often wonder what happened to it.

Steve in Missouri

Hey Steve- Do you remember the vin #? Maybe someone here owns it!

PFSlim

Wow

Looks to me like a lucky bunch with really cool cars for their first cars. Mine was a 1969 VW Bug. Red with back interior that needed a new motor and tires before I could drive it. The price was $250 if the seller supplied the battery or $200 if we brought our own.

I really wanted a 1972 Grand Torino. A guy had one for sale for $1200 in my hometown. However, my dad did not think this should be my first car.

I took my drivers test in our family 1979 AMC Gremlin. Baby blue paint!!!

Paul

Midnight Special

My first "driver" was a '72 Datsun 510. 'First purchased was a '66 Mustang coupe that was a "six" fitted w/ a 289 2v. I traded it a year later for a spotless '69 Sportsroof w/ 302 C4. 'Sold that & bought what is now Mike's GT/CS 390 4- spd. and later the '69 Mach I 351W FMX I still have today. The GT/CS was a way different animal back then!

Attachments

• cs.jpg
    cs.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 25
  • cs2.jpg
    cs2.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 22

CALIF GIRL

The first car I bought was the 68 GT/CS I still have. I paid $1000 for her. She was dark green and primer and needed lots of work. But she always ran good an dalways started..

I had her painted candyapple red with black hood stripes...and is now in the paint shop again after being in a fire in my garage.

somethingspecial

Oh My God!!!!!!!!!!

Yes folks, for those of you who have not seen it, the post above is what my car looked like when I got it, which was pretty much the way it was when Tim had it. Gotta love those flares and side pipes. I have heard the stories from Tim, and I have several myself, since we live in a quiet foothill area with hills and valleys, when that car started up, and worse when it was under power, it could be heard as far as 5 miles away. I was like hearing a flight of hueys coming up the canyon. I lived 5 miles from the school bus stop, and my buddy always knew when I fired up the car at my house. Hard to believe the car today is the same one above. Mike (Thanks Tim)

nfrntau

My first car was a Blue 1974 Maverick Grabber. It had a 200ci 6 banger in it and would do 80 on a good day, downhill and the wind behind me. It treated me better than I treated it.

rvrtrash

The car I wanted was a Ford GT40 (yeah, like that was going to happen) right up until the moment my dad brought a '66 Plymouth Belvedere with a 426 Hemi by to give me for my 16th birthday. Mom took one look and said "No way" so Dad drove it away. I never saw that car again and had to settle for buying a beat up, rusty 1964 Malibu SS, which explains my love of Fords. My first restoration project was a 1969 Triumph Spitfire that was a rollover. I got it driveable and drove it my first year of college.

Steve

L8GR868

1965 Mustang coupe with a straight 6. I made trade for a lawnmower tractor for it. You could see right thru the trunk and floor pans, I still thought it was great.

CALIF GIRL

Yes both Mosesatm and Mustanglvr are correct

When I bought my GT/CS she was DARK GREEN and grey primer
and yes she was originally LIME GOLD.. Here is a picture showing both colors.

Attachments

• 1.bmp
    11.9 KB · Views: 35

CougarCJ

My first car was a 1977 VW Scirocco. I wanted an El Camino.

El Camino's are thirsty, and I was going to have a 45 mile commute to college after high school graduation. I am glad that self control won out over the El Camino.

Sure learned alot about automotive electricity with that Volkswagen.
You would have thought that Lucas, the Prince of Darkness, had a hand in the electrical design.:grin:

3rd car was a 1966 Mustang.

hotrodgrany

tworings said:
Back in 1974 I inherited my mom's 1969 Cougar when SHE got her 240Z! :grin: ~Lisa
You might say this was mine, or better, my husband and mine. We traded off our 1964 Falcon Sprint, if you know your history, is the car that the Mustang followed after. We still have, I might say, my daughter has our 1969 Cougar and is black, and my husband's 64 was black/ white . My first Stang was a 1995 dark green Mustang coupe.I would love to have a Shelby Cobra, Roush Mustang, or even better a Saleen, but I can see the $$$$ signs on those for right now.

dpheyes

I hate to say this but my first car was:

1967 Chevy Camaro SS/RS convertible, 350 small block, 4 bbl, 4 speed, 3.73 posi rear end. I only paid $300 for it in 1974 and will regret selling it to my dying day! It is now a very collectible muscle car and would be worth some serious change. Oh well!

Calspecialdreamer

1st Car

1970, Ford Mustang Grande, 302 engine. What a sweet ride. $1495.00. Vinal top, console, great driver shape. Was 16. Joined the Military 2 years later, drove it from Arkansas to California, then sold it for a brand new 1982 Honda Civic! Sold it for $1200.00. Now own a 1986 Mustang "SVO" and 1976 mustang II Ghia daily driver. Still hoping for a CS/GT, but still out of my price range. One day tho, one day.........

Mustanger

Calspecialdreamer said:
1970, Ford Mustang Grande, 302 engine. What a sweet ride. $1495.00. Vinal top, console, great driver shape. Was 16. Joined the Military 2 years later, drove it from Arkansas to California, then sold it for a brand new 1982 Honda Civic! Sold it for $1200.00. Now own a 1986 Mustang "SVO" and 1976 mustang II Ghia daily driver. Still hoping for a CS/GT, but still out of my price range. One day tho, one day.........
...Hang in there, it took me a while a several opportunities before I landed one (recently) ...