• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS Book Question: Forum Theads? Websites? anything else?

P

PNewitt

I am presently laying out the second edition of my book, and have the (150!) pages set up, and would like to ask everyone if there are any websites, forum threads, or anything else of interest that I should get a look at--for the book??

I would like to think I have it all covered, but I want to ask everyone if there is something they would like to see in the book (I do have forum threads on taillight restoration and Marchal lamp types).

Include URLs if possible, or mention subjects of interest.

Thanks for your time, interest and support!

Paul M. Newitt

68gt390

Paul;
Do you plan on including information about the GT/CS diecast model in your book. If so, I have obtained permission from Greenlight Collectibles to use copies of the proto-type model photo's and letter from them stating my car was used in their research for the making of the model.

Don

PFSlim

Paul N.

As for forum threads, it seems like there are a 1,000 good forum threads on this site that have been extremely helpful to the members.

The "Mustang - Forty Years" by Randy Leffingwell has some great photo's of the GT/CS. I don't know if you think that should be included.

Paul

PFSlim

Paul N.

What about the small jeep tach installation instead of the clock? There should be a thread on this site plus we have a pic posted on our gallery page.

Paul

OP
OP
P

PNewitt

Thanks for these ideas. I have set aside 2-3 pages for the GT/CS scale models. I need to get with Mini-Exotics to see if thier kits are still available.

I planned to show off the die-cast model. I need permission--and sample photos of the prototype die-cast if possible.

The books idea is a good idea, too. I forgot about that.

Keep those ideas coming!

Paul N.

68gt390

PNewitt said:
I planned to show off the die-cast model. I need permission--and sample photos of the prototype die-cast if possible.

Paul N.

Paul;
That's already been taken care of. As soon as they forward the photo's to me I'll send them on to you along with a copy of the letter from Greenlight Collectibles. I've also added a new post to the GT/CS Diecast thread.

Don :grin: