• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT/CS T shirts - Polo shirts GREAT JOB!!!

still looking for one

Sharon at Horsedesigns.com here in Nor Cal just sent me my first GT/CS Polo shirt, and she spent a lot of time custom designing one just to suit my taste, with the www.CaliforniaSpecial.com done tastefully on the front and the glorious GT/CS specials look great, coming and going, a great PR coup for the group and the car!!

Look forward to showing up to car shows, CG/CS or otherwise, weaqring it with pride.

Come everyone, PONY UP and get yours, if you haven't. Great art, great quality, done individually for you!

THANKS

Jim in Nor Cal

Midnight Special

...Thank you Jim for the kind words (and the PM to Sharon which she sent to me). People like you and this valuable site have made owning and sharing CSs an endeavor second to none! I still look forward to meeting w/ you again, but all this 'real job' stuff gets in the way ;-) 'Very glad you like the shirts! Thanks again!!

Attachments

• newcombo.jpg
    newcombo.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 28

texascanuck

Wow that is nice...didn't know I could opt for extras...mine still hasn't got to me yet but I would have liked a GT/CS car on the shirt tastefully done too.

tc

admin

Staff member
Administrator
texascanuck, I think you're referring to the polo shirt you ordered from me, not one you ordered from Tim (Midnight Special) unless you ordered one from both of us.

They're two different designs. Mine are embroidered and a more simple design with just the GT/CS logo. See this thread. Tim's are silk screened (or transfer depending on the options I think) and the designs are more detailed with several options including car angles and colors. See this thread.

If you need to cancel the one you ordered from me please let me know ASAP. I don't know if my embroidery lady has started stitching it yet, but if she hasn't I'd be happy to have her cancel the order. If she's already started I can't do much about it.

marie68csmustangs

Yeah, I like my shirt too! I got my from my friend Tim - and I even paid for it.. Supporting this website.. I even got a comment for it the other day..

Marie

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mosesatm said:
Jon, the www.californiaspecial.com logo does not show up on the gray shirts.
Arlie, can you elaborate? Did you order a shirt and the text on the sleeve didn't show up? Or are you talking about the examples on the order page? Or something else entirely?:smile:

hookedtrout

admin said:
Arlie, can you elaborate? Did you order a shirt and the text on the sleeve didn't show up? Or are you talking about the examples on the order page? Or something else entirely?:smile:

I took it that he meant the lettering blended in with the shirt color?

Cory

Mosesatm

hookedtrout said:
I took it that he meant the lettering blended in with the shirt color?

Cory

Correct. Gray stitching doesn't show up on a gray shirt sleeve. The "California" is ok because it's in black, but the "special" is in gray.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Mosesatm said:
Correct. Gray stitching doesn't show up on a gray shirt sleeve. The "California" is ok because it's in black, but the "special" is in gray.
Arlie, it shouldn't have been that way, so I apologize. The entire "californiaspecial.com" text is supposed to be the same stitching color that the breast logo is. I'll PM you to discuss further.

OP
OP
S

still looking for one

Hello Jon

As a latecomer/newbie to all of this, have this moment realized that you have some shirts, available as polo and denim, a "horse" of a different color than Sharon's, (thanks for the links to compare them both), so more pony food for thought: Should I get a casual T shirt design from (Sharon) or one of your Polos?:tongue:

Interesting conundrum...probably best way to fly the colors would be to get at least one or two, from each seller :wink:

And what got me going on all of this in the first place was seing if I recall, Mike (Something Special) wearing a "Jon" design on a T shirt - and I think he had a few on the seat of his CS. Or did I imagine it?

Anyway, it's all good. May chase down a very *vague* rumor of a mini Mustang show at Fowler Center supposed to be tomorrow (Anybody?)

And by mini Mustang show I don't mean Mustang II Ghia or Cobra. Those were an embarrassment to me. A little too 70's for me. I have *NO* memories of the Ford (presidency) years!! :icon_no:

Tim, thanks for the comments too

Midnight Special

Jim, the Mustang show you speak of at the Fowler Center is on June 17th, 7 - 10 p.m. and is always a very nice one.

...and YES, do get both shirts. Jon's are embroidered and classy. I ordered four of the appropriate colors for my cars for the drivers to wear on cruises and shows where the custom t-shirts Sharon & I do will rest on the seats w/ individual cars and their vin data etc... All to drum up more curiosity and interest. It also keeps Mike very busy ;-)

Also, My t-shirts are transfer type for very light color shirts only. I haven't done a design for screening yet because of the minimum quantity needed to keep the costs down... 'Having more fun personalizing them instead :)

Attachments

• showcardwhte.jpg
    showcardwhte.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:

Diesel Donna

I bought four shirts from Jon and four shirts from Tim. I have fun mixing them up and wearing a buttonup one over another tee. Sheesh, tomorrow makes four car shows in a row this week that I've attended. Good thing I have so many shirts.

Midnight Special

Way to go D.D.! You have a beautiful car and a nice presentation w/ your pedal car on top :) 'Wish I had time to get out & about. My cars were filled w/ flyers at Grass Valley of upcoming shows - Sheesh is right! But the only good news is the money saved from gas & all the registrations can get me another car in a couple of years ;-)) How nice it must be to retire from driving big rigs to GT/CSs! ......Keep on Stangin' there Gal!! :)

case12

Midnight Special said:
Jim, the Mustang show you speak of at the Fowler Center is on May 17th, 7 - 10 p.m. and is always a very nice one.

...and YES, do get both shirts. Jon's are embroidered and classy. I ordered four of the appropriate colors for my cars for the drivers to wear on cruises and shows where the custom t-shirts Sharon & I do will rest on the seats w/ individual cars and their vin data etc... All to drum up more curiosity and interest. It also keeps Mike very busy ;-)

Also, My t-shirts are transfer type for very light color shirts only. I haven't done a design for screening yet because of the minimum quantity needed to keep the costs down... 'Having more fun personalizing them instead :)

I like this presentation of the personalized car - I think this would make a great poster for show's. Can it be made big enough to be a poster size? Casey

gt bandit

Midnight Special said:
Thanks GTB ;-)

Okay , Looks like I am up for another shirt. This is a very good WORK.

Tim - any chance of utilizing the Aussie flag in this design, also maybe some reference to 428CJ.
Not sure how , but your creativity should be able to muster up something.

Thanks Mate

GTB :cool: