• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Our time has come.....

Canuck CSter

For years we have sat and waited for the masses to give us credibility for our cars.

With everyones hard work and some really big things happening for the CS apoun us, I think it's our time to show up and do our part to help achieve our acceptance.

With the new model coming out, and the release of Paul's book as well as the BJ & ebay things. I propose we as a group make an effort to have our cars seen this summer.

I'm going to put mine in a showroom ( Much to the advice of some of our great members) But it's the only thing I can think of.

Lets talk about it as a group the ways we can help....

With the depths to which we collectively ( sometime to much ) critque other threads, I would truely like to hear/read what this fine bunch have to say about this topic.

S Code in Ottawa

formerly Canuck Cster

luisa2552

For me it's all about getting it out and driving it. There is not a time I have it out that I am not asked about it. It gets out of the shop in a week or 2 and I can't wait. Maybe the first place I'll go is swing by the Ford dealer and educate them on a REAL CS before the 07's roll in. I haven't looked into Mustang Clubs in my area but I might do that too...

Mustanglvr

I took mine to the Antiques Roadshow a year and a half ago. They said I was the first person in Roadshow history to bring a car in for an appraisal. The appraiser wanted the car to be featured on the St. Paul show but the producers shot the idea down. They had already decided to do a special segment on antique boats. If anybody has a chance to get to the show again, try to get yours on there. I think they just might feature a GT/CS on there now that the cars are getting more popular.

PFSlim

Last year (2005), I took my car to the following shows:

World of Wheels - Kansas City, MO
NMRA Nationals - Kansas City, MO
Mustang-Cobra & Ford Powered Show - Liberty, MO
Lathrop Antique Car Show - Lathrop, MO
Graffiti Sunday - Savannah, MO
KC Cruisers Show - Edina, MO
Plattsburg Car Show - Plattsburg, MO
Smithville Car Show - Smithville, MO
Smithville Ford Dealership - Smithville, MO

I hope to do at least that many this year. Plus, I drive my car as much as possible when the weather is right.

Paul

Mustanger

PFSlim said:
... Plus, I drive my car as much as possible when the weather is right.

Paul

Now that's the best thing - drive them! After all, it was Mr. Shelby who said that "these cars were meant to be driven" ...

case12

I already have tickets for the Carroll Shelby show at Volo for my GTCS - that tends to get a lot of Shelby activity. I definitely plan to display the Mustang Times article with the car. Casey

68gt390

If and when I get the new motor completed and in trust me, the CS will definitely be on the road. Heck, last summer alone I averaged at least 2 to 3 show's a weekend. My girlfriend thought I was nuts. There was even a few times I did 2 show's a day. To me that's the whole point of having the car - driving it and letting folks see it.

Don:grin:

BroadwayBlue

case12 said:
I already have tickets for the Carroll Shelby show at Volo for my GTCS - that tends to get a lot of Shelby activity. I definitely plan to display the Mustang Times article with the car. Casey

I'm pretty sure your car on the cover of Mustang Times is going to be part of my display at a few shows this year too! :grin:

bbeatty

PFSlim said:
Last year (2005), I took my car to the following shows:

World of Wheels - Kansas City, MO
NMRA Nationals - Kansas City, MO
Mustang-Cobra & Ford Powered Show - Liberty, MO
Lathrop Antique Car Show - Lathrop, MO
Graffiti Sunday - Savannah, MO
KC Cruisers Show - Edina, MO
Plattsburg Car Show - Plattsburg, MO
Smithville Car Show - Smithville, MO
Smithville Ford Dealership - Smithville, MO

I hope to do at least that many this year. Plus, I drive my car as much as possible when the weather is right.

Paul

I'm pretty sure I saw a crowd around your car all day at the Good Guys show last fall as well. Ok so maybe you weren't there but the car was still a hit!

P

PNewitt

Just off the top of my head, I would suggest that a "group" of GT/CS and '68 HCS owners plan some sort of INVASION of a Mustang show.

Well, that is, pre-register and all...but a legion of 5-10 CS cars would definately get the attention--all arriving at once at the show.

i.e. "Whoa"...."look at THAT"!!!

I have plans to do more articles and press releases for the CS as the book is finished and out there.

I DO appreciate those who do attend the shows. We owe them a lot! Thank you!!

Paul N.

PFSlim

bbeatty said:
I'm pretty sure I saw a crowd around your car all day at the Good Guys show last fall as well. Ok so maybe you weren't there but the car was still a hit!

You are right Brian B. Since my painter wanted the car for the Good Guys, I let him take it and I know he had a lot of lookers. It was cool to have the Unique Performance guys (Gone in 60 Seconds) GT500E guys crawling under and around the GT/CS.

Paul

68Fan

For those of us in the greater N. California we can say there are a number of GT/CS's rolling around. I make sure to track down anyone "new" I see driving one. Also, I ensure the drivers understand just how special these cars are. Great idea about getting out on the road. My CS should be ready by spring.

68gt390

Last Sept 05 we had 6 GT/CS's and 1 HCS at the MCA Grand Nationals in Youngstown Ohio. There are pictures in the gallery under "Car Shows". Not to bad for Northern Ohio.

Don :grin:

Mustanglvr

So whats everybody`s plans for the coming year to get the GT/CS recognized?
Does anybody know if Ford still plans on producing a 2008 GT/CS Anniversary Edition?

Midnight Special

Mustanglvr said:
So whats everybody`s plans for the coming year to get the GT/CS recognized?
Does anybody know if Ford still plans on producing a 2008 GT/CS Anniversary Edition?

"Somethingspecial" and I are planning to be out en masse to local shows and cruises culminating in the Summer GT/CS Bar-B-Que he and Robinette are planning. His completed GT390 4-spd to ba a shining star! We've discussed creative ways to get published additional to car magazines re; the GT/CS experience to be as much of "human interest", with group photos and testimonials like so many on this site.

In the meantime - all of you should submit photos of your "pride & joy" to as many mags as possible with your own personal sentiments in addition to car data... 'Makes for pleasurable reading to a broader audience, I believe...

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 21
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 17
  • g31.jpg
    g31.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 17
  • gv21.jpg
    gv21.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 17
  • IM003332.JPG
    IM003332.JPG
    121.9 KB · Views: 17
  • IM003341.JPG
    IM003341.JPG
    128.2 KB · Views: 16
  • IM001651.JPG
    IM001651.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

PFSlim

Earlier in this thread, I posted the shows and awards we received from 2005. Well, here is what we did in 2006.

Mar 2006 - 46th Annual World of Wheels - KC, MO - Outstanding in Class
May 2006 - 1st Annual Car Show - Lawson, MO - Best of Show
May 2006 - 25th Annual Mustang/Cobra Show - Liberty, MO - 1st Place & Best of Show
July 2006 - The Midwest Ford Fes Show - KCIR - Top 25
Sept 2006 - 7th Annual KC Cruisers Car Show - Edina, MO - 1st Place
Oct 2006 - 2nd Annual Turney Days Car Show - Turney, MO - Peoples Choice
Oct 2006 - 2nd Annual Dare/Cat Car Show - Liberty, MO - 2nd Place

Hope to continue to show and do well in 2007.

Paul

PFSlim

Oh, by the way. We also were featured in the Kansas City Star newspaper. As well, a local website that posts all car shows in the area posted a slide show of our restoration. Lastly, our car was featured on the tee shirts and awards for the Edina car show listed above.

Paul

case12

MCA Nationals in Springfield, IL.

Indianapolis Speedway Mustang Show and Track Drive.

Volo Carroll Shelby Show.

And the local stuff.

Casey