• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Might buy new CS script but have a question

390cs68rcode

I have found a source for 2 new CS script logos but want to know if they are NOS or at the very least made from the original tooling. I was told they have FORD stamped or molded on the back of the script. I was going to get them recromed but would prefer buying NOS instead.

Would these be considered NOS or repros from the original molds? If they were cheap repros I would assume they could not use the FORD logo on the back.

opinions?

Kurt

The reproductions are made by the same company that made them for Ford. There are no part numbers on the back of NOS Ford or reproductions. I have some in the Ford box & repro's, there is no difference.

nfrntau

I need CS scripts for my car also. On the reproductions compared to the in the box scripts, are the bevels at the ends the same angle?
I have one in the box Mustang script and two repros and that is the difference I found between the two. The angle of the bevel is slightly different. Not noticible from 2 feet away, but there just the same.

P

PNewitt

The script was made for years by ACSCO in Los Angeles for Ford, as a service part, packaged in the blue and white Ford service part box.

A few years ago, I believe that Scott Drake either bought them from ACSCO, OR he was getting them made somewhere else--I just don't know.

Drake's CS script comes packaged on a card, and (mistakenly) includes those push-in nuts, called "barrel nuts". THe Original script is supposed to have "speed nuts" pressed on from the back. These are little rectanguler pieces of metal slightly bent with a hole in the middle. By tension, they hold the script on.

I think it would be a lot easier to look for some NOS script, instead of re-chroming. Doing that would involve the acid stripping of the old chrome, then re-applying it; and I think for such a detailed piece, something might be lost in the process. Chroming has it's limits for detail.

If it's a "group deal" for everything being re-chromed--go for it, and let us know how it went.

Paul N.

68gt390

I currently have two sets of the CS script and both have two different part numbers on the bags.

C8ZX-65291A36A and C8ZZ-652622-A.

If I'm not mistaken the C8ZZ part # was the original NOS part #. I have compared them to what is currently on my car which is the original pieces and I can't see any difference. The bags do not show by whom or where they were made. I picked them up at a local restoration shop here in Columbus. They did not come with speed nuts or barrel nuts so I will use my original ones from the car.

Don :D

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=68gt390 link=board=1;threadid=1390;start=0#msg8099 date=1107903950]
I currently have two sets of the CS script and both have two different part numbers on the bags.

C8ZX-65291A36A and C8ZZ-652622-A.

If I'm not mistaken the C8ZZ part # was the original NOS part #. I have compared them to what is currently on my car which is the original pieces and I can't see any difference. The bags do not show by whom or where they were made. I picked them up at a local restoration shop here in Columbus. They did not come with speed nuts or barrel nuts so I will use my original ones from the car.

Don :D

[/quote]

wanna sell the c8zz ones?

68gt390

Sorry, not for sale. I need them for my car. But, what I can do if your interested is check back at the shop where I obtained them and see if they have anymore. Let me know. Just so you are aware, the two part numbers are on both bags. When I check for them I will ask some questions as to why 2 part #'s and see if I can find out who made them.

Don

Mosesatm

Jason, I just found this web site tonight by accident. They seem to have a used parts locator service or search engine.

Don't know why they are or but it looks like they are from Texas and have an impressive site.

Maybe others can tell us if they are good, bad, or indifferent.

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

[quote author=Mosesatm link=board=1;threadid=1390;start=0#msg8106 date=1107916327]
Jason, I just found this web site tonight by accident. They seem to have a used parts locator service or search engine.

Don't know why they are or but it looks like they are from Texas and have an impressive site.

Maybe others can tell us if they are good, bad, or indifferent.
[/quote]

link please

PFSlim

We bought the Scott Drake ones. I thought they were real nice. Since we removed and replaced our rear quarters, it was not important if the holes lined up. We ordered the script, then drilled the holes once the script came in.

After reading Paul's book about the rectangular barrel nuts, we puchased some at a hardware store and installed those. They look great to me.

Paul

case12

Paul - do you remember the size of the rectangular barrel nuts you bought, or did you just take and old one in and match it? I need quite a few (some have fallen off over time). Casey

PFSlim

Casey

I took the script in to the ACE hardware store and kept looking until I found one. They are fairly small. I did not have one to compare to.

Lastly, the smallest ones I could buy seemed a bit big. They would not catch. Therefore, I layed each one on the vice and flattened out with a hammer (which also closed the hole). Then when I installed, they bent and caught like they should have. We checked several local car parts places and Ford dealership and found nothing close. Thus, did what we did to make ours work.

Paul