• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 S code 4 speed barn find

lnevill

Yes, they are still out there....

Some of you may know me from other Mustang and Shelby sites. My name is Lee Nevill and I live in Boise, Idaho where I collect and restore classic Mustangs, Cougars and Shelbys. This is my first GT/CS so I'm sure I'll have lots of questions as I move ahead with this restoration. Thanks in advance for all your help!!

8R01S157550 - not in the registry, Marti report confirmed as a Brittany blue with black vinyl top GT 4 speed. Original VIN stamped engine block and tranny. I'll be bringing it home from Montana in a couple weeks to begin the restoration. Will not be doing a full concourse resortation as the underside of the car is already done by the p.o. and it was undercoated and has weld in subframes and traction masters. Will be a VERY nice driver with the topside close to concourse and the bottom rust protected, but not even close to concourse!!

I'll post more when I get'r home and will have lots of questions, like: what color side stripe should a blue car with blue interior and a black vinyl top have?

Thanks!
Lee

Last edited:

somethingspecial

Mr. Nevill, Do you have the Marti Report, and if so, can you email me a copy so I can add it to the Registry. Great Find. Look forward to seeing this one. Mike, your friendly neighborhood Registrar.

teamlo

Nice find Lee! Sounds like it will make a great driver! Nice color combination.

Not sure about the stripe, I think traditionally the stripe would reflect the interior color (at least as far as non-GT/CS cars go). Not sure that a blue stripe on a blue car would have been done, but with the lighter (Brittany) blue, maybe the blue would have been correct. I certainly think the black stripe would look better, especially with the black top, but that's just me. A quick search of photos on Google seems to reflect that for the GT/CS model painted Brittany Blue,with a vinyl top, the stripe matches the top.

Good luck with it!

Terry

Last edited:

Midnight Special

Yes, they are still out there....

Lee

Congratulations and Welcome!
No better place for another S-code than to have its sights and sounds experienced by as many as possible. Good on you! :)

Attachments

• _DSC0886.jpg
    _DSC0886.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 46

6t8-390gt

Nice find! I hope you post a couple pictures "as found" in addition to other pictures. Good Luck with the restoration.

Danny

AADaddy

Awesome! I'm a sucker for any light blue Mustang. But this one pretty much sounds amazing. Can't wait to see the pictures!

gofastguy

Do you know if your car was originally shipped to Montana? The reason I inquire is that the previous owner of my S code 4 speed told me that it was believed to be the only one shipped to Montana. Just curious...