• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Build sheet locations

68sunlitgold

Where are the locations that Ford hid build sheets, I know of a couple but not all.
Doug

StraightSix

I have heard of them being stuffed under the carpet and (I believe) wedged in that space behind the quater panel. I forgot where I read it (Paul's books maybe), but someone found a Ford coffee cup wedged in the quarter panel space! Unfortunately, I don't have my build sheet.

-Winston

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Also tucked up under the dash with the wiring.

Out of the 10-12 old Fords I've owned the only build sheet I've ever found was in a parts car ('67 tbird) and it was under the carpet under the driver's seat.

RacingFan

I found a build sheet on a 68 deluxe coupe folded and taped to the driver's side underdash wiring. It had been wrapped up pretty tight, but was still readible after 30 plus years!

I have two of the original build sheets for my car. One was under the dash wrapped to the wires. and the other was under the carpet of the drivers seat. i was also told by my local dealer that when the car's were made ford kept 2 of the build sheets and as far as my research goes there were two guys who bought the registry. there is a web site that you can go to that will tell you what there names are and you may purchase the original build sheet from them.

admin

Staff member
Administrator
[quote author=De851811 link=board=1;threadid=128;start=0#522 date=1039544342]
as far as my research goes there were two guys who bought the registry. there is a web site that you can go to that will tell you what there names are and you may purchase the original build sheet from them.
[/quote]

See the "Vin Reports" link to your left. ;)

OP
OP
68sunlitgold

68sunlitgold

Success!!! ;D
RacingFan it was where you said it would be, wrapped up in the wiring behind the instrument cluster. It is mostly there but some of it is missing due to it just dissentagrating over time.

Doug

admin

Staff member
Administrator
Very cool 68sunlitgold! I don't suppose mine was in there? ;D