• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1966-67 HCS 67 SCS ski rack?

67SCSGT

Hi all,

In fixing up my SCS I'm trying to find a ski rack for it. I found out recently from a follow SCS owner that the ski rack is actually an add on piece that mounts to the usual luggage trunk rack.
This ski rack has been on Ebay for a while now.
I don't want to buy one unless I know it is correct etc.
With so few SCSs made there is not a lot of info out there on the ski racks.

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260981426271?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Thanks

hicountrybob

Hi all,

In fixing up my SCS I'm trying to find a ski rack for it. I found out recently from a follow SCS owner that the ski rack is actually an add on piece that mounts to the usual luggage trunk rack.
This ski rack has been on Ebay for a while now.
I don't want to buy one unless I know it is correct etc.
With so few SCSs made there is not a lot of info out there on the ski racks.

Thoughts?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260981426271?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Thanks

Mike, the part numbers and description on the packaging do not indicate a Mustang part. I had a new in the box ski rack years ago that I mounted on the luggage rack on our '66 convertible years ago and at the Seattle Northwest Mustang show that we entered, we mounted my water skis on it and boy did it get noticed. I can't see in the pictures very well the attachment parts but this does not look like the hardware is proper for our deck racks Sorry, I did not get back to you, Mike, earlier this month about a source but ebay is as good as it gets or Branda or Bill Hernden etc. may have or direct you to a proper ski rack adapter or ask them who they would go to find one if they wanted one. Goog luck, cause they HAVE to be out there. HC Bob here

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Mike, the part numbers and description on the packaging do not indicate a Mustang part. I had a new in the box ski rack years ago that I mounted on the luggage rack on our '66 convertible years ago and at the Seattle Northwest Mustang show that we entered, we mounted my water skis on it and boy did it get noticed. I can't see in the pictures very well the attachment parts but this does not look like the hardware is proper for our deck racks Sorry, I did not get back to you, Mike, earlier this month about a source but ebay is as good as it gets or Branda or Bill Hernden etc. may have or direct you to a proper ski rack adapter or ask them who they would go to find one if they wanted one. Goog luck, cause they HAVE to be out there. HC Bob here

Thanks Bob.
My plan is to do 2 decklids when I finish the car...one for every day cruising w/o the rack and skis and one with everything mounted for car cruises and shows and if I decide to sell it. I think it will be fun to find some old Skis on the cheap that will match the car well.
Hope you still have some Pepsi left :)

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Still trying to source the ski rack adapter for my SCS.
Tried Bill Herndon and Perogie and no luck.
Please keep eyes and ears open for me.

Thanks,
Mike

OP
OP

67SCSGT

Hi all,
Still trying to find a ski rack that mounts to the luggage rack for my SCS.
Thanks for the help if anyone comes across one.