• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

01 Bullitt

hookedtrout

Any Bullitt knowledgeable Mustangers out there? A guy I work with came to the office today and told me to check out his 01 Bullitt that he had just bought. I checked it out, has 96 thousand miles, has the gray leather interior which I understand is correct also had a cobra emblem on the side, not sure that is correct, but I couldn’t see anything that pointed out it was a Bullitt. The exterior color was charcoal, looked like it had been repainted, nice paint but it looked like it had aftermarket valances so I assumed it was a repaint, at least the rear looked aftermarket as it said something on it molded into the valance in 4 inch letters, can't remember what it said but it wasn't Bullitt or anything Ford. The wheels were aftermarket as well. I told him they were limited editions and had a specific number associated with them but he didn’t know the number. He bought it at the local Ford dealer for 12K. Nice car but I’m not convinced it is an actual Bullitt and wondered if it was misrepresented by the dealership.

Just curious if there is supposed to be Bullitt lettering or anything interior to identify it as actual Bullitt?

Cory

mustangj

I'm no expert on Bullits, but all of the ones I have heard of were dark highland green or black and have Bullitt letters on the left rear under or beside the taillights. I hope your friend was not misled.

Mosesatm

Here is a link that may help.
http://www.stangnet.com/bullitt/indexpage1.htm

Exterior
Pony on grill is centered in a blacked out coral instead of chrome.
Does not come with a spoiler.
Brushed aluminum gas filler door.
Molded front mud guards.
Different Rocker Panels
Lowered by 3/4"
Red Brake calipers.
Fake rear brake venting is only extruding and does not have the honeycomb plastic grill.
Bullitt Badge on Trunk lid.
Rolled exhaust tips.
Molded c-pillars sweep forward instead of straight down.

Interior
Brushed aluminum looking shifter bezel.
Brushed aluminum shifter knob.
Door sills with BULLITT logo.
Retro dash has white lighting and closely indexed speedometer.
Seats are stitched to emulate the style from the 60's..
New stainless steel pedal covers are positioned to provide better heel-to-toe relationship.

Here's a better link
http://www.bullittarchive.com/7025.htm

Last edited:

RedGTvert

They also came in True Blue. It should have Bullitt on the back. The intake is completely different than the regular GT, the calipers are different than the GT. Shifter is different, gauges are different.

There would be no snakes or cobra on the side. Without pics, it is hard to tell if it is real or a poser, but Charcoal is not a color it came in.

OP
OP
hookedtrout

hookedtrout

Thanks for all the input guys, I'll take a closer look when I have studied up a bit. It's one of those issues where you don't know if you are helping or disappointing them if you bring the reality of the situation to their attention when you uncover that it isn't what it's made out to be. Guess we will see.

Thanks Again

Cory