• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Interior Door Lock knobs

1968Cally

For a deluxe interior, should these chrome or black (interior is black) What about the little bezels for them?

Thanks.

Dave

Ruppstang

No difference standard or deluxe, chrome. The reproductions are pretty sad so I look for NOS or replate them.
The correct bezel is clear plastic. The 69 stainless with a felt pad inside is better because it will not break or rattle just not correct.

OP
OP
1968Cally

1968Cally

Thanks. I guess I have the '69 stainless bezels as they are felt lined. My knobs are chrome and very nice. Guess I will get the clear bezels.

mbsf1970

I replaced mine a few years ago-- and no sooner had I installed them than the bezels were "riding high" up the knobs as I cruised with windows open. In other words, pieces of crap!! I spent more time removing and rescrewing the knobs than those bezels lasted.
Stephen

somethingspecial

Unless you are showing in concourse class, I'd stick to the SS bezel. The clear plastic one's have three tabs to hold them in place, which 9 out of 10 times one of the tabs break off when installed. That is why they are considered pieces of crap. JMHO.

Batgirl89

No difference standard or deluxe, chrome. The reproductions are pretty sad so I look for NOS or replate them.
The correct bezel is clear plastic. The 69 stainless with a felt pad inside is better because it will not break or rattle just not correct.
I recently found another great supplier of NOS & Used parts. They have used door lock knobs. Ive ordered some.
http://www.allclassicmustang.com/1968MustangParts.html
"Interior door lock knob 68/73 correct beveled edge at top, some repro's are reversed Mint top, shaft side wear, local show & driver pr G 12"