• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Forced vacation

franklinair

Bummer. Last Friday on my way home from the airport my Jeep Grand Cherokee was hit head-on by a car hydroplaning. Spent 2 days in the hospital- cuts, bruises, hematoma(sp?) in my chest from the airbag impact, sore muscles, X-rays, Cat-scans. Nothing broken, but SORE all over. Car is totaled. Now, after a few days, things are loosening up a bit, and I should be back to work in a week. Had all the bandages re-dressed today. This old body was NOT happy.:eek:

Neil

sam

WOW...............sorry to hear about the mishap. Althought you're banged up, guess it could have been worse. Get better soon! We're having a raging snowstorm in the Northeast. Can't wait till Spring..............
Sam

teamlo

WOW...............sorry to hear about the mishap. Althought you're banged up, guess it could have been worse. Get better soon! We're having a raging snowstorm in the Northeast. Can't wait till Spring..............
Sam

Hope you get feeling better soon Neil. As Sam said, raging storm here in NH forecast for later Mon night into Tuesday. Spring can't come soon enough!

Terry

stangfan

Holy Crap Neil!! That is terrible. Hope you get better soon. Too bad about the Jeep, but very glad that you were not hurt more.

Northern Pony

Neil;
That was too close for comfort, thank God you are OK. At least now (may not feel like it) you are starting to heal and there are better days ahead. Saying that, I Found out in Nov that Hematomas will last 6 to 8 weeks, so you will be bothered for awhile.
Take Care
BoB

admin

Staff member
Administrator
I'm really sorry to hear it Neil. Based on this photo you emailed that was one nasty accident! I wonder how you would have fared if you were driving the GT/CS. I love the classics (obviously) but there's a lot to be said for air bags and other safety technology in today's cars.

Glad you're OK and I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Attachments

• FullSizeRender.jpg
    FullSizeRender.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 34

Ruppstang

Neil I am so glad you are ok. There are so many of us and old GTCS's that need you!
Marty

CougarCJ

Yikes! I am so glad that you are going to be OK. When I opened the email with that picture, I was thinking my God, I hope that he didn't get seriously hurt.

robert campbell

Dad,
I didn't see this post but got your e-mail. Glad you are "ok" but what a jolt to the body.... Thank God your air bags worked. We have to much need for your ole noggin and restoration skills!!

Get well soon!!

Rob

rvrtrash

Glad you're going to be ok Neil, but don't rush yourself. Take the time to heal properly.

Steve

68sunlitgold

Neil,
So glad you are OK and all the safety equipment worked! I agree with everyone here that your knowledge and talents are greatly appreciated!

Doug

CaliStang68

Neil,
Ditto on all of the above comments.

Here's a couple of mine for you.

What doesn't kill ya, will make ya stronger!

A little snow on the roof, raging fire in the furnace!!

All the best to ya for a speedy recovery!!!

Rick