• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

2005 Woodward Dream Cruise

jc68gtcs

Hey, did anyone happen to get their CS to the Detroit area this past weekend for the Woodward Dream Cruise? My wife said that she may have caught a glimpse of one other, but unless I can confirm that, I think that mine was the only one around.

We took part in Mustang Alley on Saturday (in the rain as you can see) along with around 300 other mustangs and we were lucky enough to have our original California Special in the opening ceremony held in the intersection at 9 Mile and Woodward.. It was too cool... my car was chosen to be featured along with a 2006 Blue Shelby. Unfortunately all I had was my camera phone. Can you believe that a guy would go to Mustang Alley and leave his good camera at home. I gotta tell you, it was one proud moment for this GT/CS Owner..

Let me know if anyone else was at the Cruise. If you've never seen this, this is one awesome event. Approximately 40,000 classic cars on one road. I'm still drooling...

Attachments

• 05_Dream_Cruise5.jpg
    05_Dream_Cruise5.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 21
OP
OP
jc68gtcs

jc68gtcs

another pic

Attachments

• 05_Dream_Cruise3.jpg
    05_Dream_Cruise3.jpg
    27.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
jc68gtcs

jc68gtcs

one more..

Attachments

• 05_Dream_Cruise8.jpg
    05_Dream_Cruise8.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 17

meadowsdk28

I never knew it existed until I saw a special on the speed channel the other night. I woul have loved to have seen that. SOOOOOOOO many cars. I would have went into overload.

-=MUSTANG=-

I was mentioning to my friends and family that there almost no GT/CSs at the dream cruise, I've been to every one and have seen only a few. I grew up two houses off woodward at 12 1/2 mile road :)

This years cruise I was in the front yard and a red GT/CS drove by, turned around down the street, came back and parked across the street. I didn't have much time to talk to the guy but it was a real nice red one with black interior and a 351 (not original) I told him about the site so maybe he'll sign up and tell us about his car.

BTW, next year there will be one more California Special at the cruise... mine!!

Talan423

jc- i go to the woodward cruise every year. last year was the first time i took my gt/cs. i was going to take it this past saturday but i woke up and it was pouring rain and an iffy forecast for the rest of the day. we did end up going but without the gt/cs. we didn't get down to the mustang alley. we were at 15 mile and woodward, down near the big ford display. got caught in the down-pour there too without the umberella.
the woodward dream cruise is quite a sight. this year they estimated the crowd at 1.1 million people, down from 1.7 million from last year due to the weather.
maybe we could meet up somewhere next year!

tom

OP
OP
jc68gtcs

jc68gtcs

[quote author=Talan423 link=board=1;threadid=2065;start=0#msg13817 date=1124844514]

the woodward dream cruise is quite a sight. this year they estimated the crowd at 1.1 million people, down from 1.7 million from last year due to the weather.
maybe we could meet up somewhere next year!

tom
[/quote]

Hey Talan, thanks for the reply.. Yeah the weather was a little out of sorts, but I had to go for it anyway. I toweled off the CS about 3 times, but it was worth it. That would be cool to hook up with a few CS's for next year's cruise. I was also at the Ford display on Friday night, there was a mustang rally on top of the Chester St. Garage and then all the mustangs left together around 8:00pm. This event is just too cool to miss..

Are you going to Frankenmuth this year.? I'm going to drive mine up there if the weather cooperates..

OP
OP
jc68gtcs

jc68gtcs

[quote author==MUSTANG= link=board=1;threadid=2065;start=0#msg13816 date=1124844381]
BTW, next year there will be one more California Special at the cruise... mine!!
[/quote]

Cool, can't wait to see you out there =Mustang=.. Let's get a few CS's down there in Mustang Alley...

OP
OP
jc68gtcs

jc68gtcs

[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=2065;start=0#msg13798 date=1124828686]
I never knew it existed until I saw a special on the speed channel the other night. I woul have loved to have seen that. SOOOOOOOO many cars. I would have went into overload.
[/quote]

I'll tell you what meadows, people are coming from all over the country to get to this event. It's every year around the 20th of August. Maybe we'll see you next year...

Talan423

jc- i won't be able to go up to frankenmuth this year. this coming weekend will be about it for me for the season. the wife is 9 months pregnant, due labor day weekend so it could be any day now. i will be at the lower huron metro park show and swap this weekend. it's really close to the house in case i get the call.

tom

meadowsdk28

[quote author=jc68gtcs link=board=1;threadid=2065;start=0#msg13825 date=1124852316]
[quote author=meadowsdk28 link=board=1;threadid=2065;start=0#msg13798 date=1124828686]
[/quote]

I have got to pull my head out of my 4th point of contact and get my car done. Stupid full time job!!
I'll tell you what meadows, people are coming from all over the country to get to this event. It's every year around the 20th of August. Maybe we'll see you next year...
[/quote]