• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

"It's gonna EAT ME!!!!" How did you kid see the grill of your car?

Stacey Enderle

I wonder how your little kids saw your CS as,...well,..mine was pretty comical after talking with my daughter now 17 going on 18. It's funny how a child sees a vehicle whether it's a 56 Chevy or a beloved CS for that matter. I totally forgot about this until we talked about it the other day. Now that my memory was jogged abit, I remember the time I went out to the barn to look at my CS and it was covered up to keep the birds from dive bombing it and the dust alike. My daughter at the time was about two years old, my little "pie plate faced", blue-eyed, fuzzy blond hair kid. She followed me over the the barn and as I unveiled my CS. Her eyes got large and dashed behind me. :eek: I asked what's the matter? She asked "It's going to eat me! It has a big mouth!" I stepped back and looked at it, I can see why she felt that way. It looked like a shark with big round eyes ready to swallow its prey. I chuckled abit and reassured her. I managed to get her to follow me around to the driver's side, while I open it, I sat down and honked the horn. She did inch her way over there, but didn't have enough courage to honk the horn all she could muster is cuddle up to me in the driver's side and cling on tightly. Ohhhh well, I thought, I knew she didn't appreciate it for now, but I knew I'll have a problem later as to which of my daughters will inherit my CS. When I look back as a kid at that age, I was terrified of my Dad's black 56 Chevy, it had grill on it as if it was going to chew me up and spit me out. My Dad's 55 Catillac, I used to think it had two stubby cigars on either side of it's face to match my Dad. :grin: Funny things that a kid thinks huh?
Stacey

Perkchiro

Very funny story Stacey! I guess that's where they get the term "mean looking car". Isn't it interesting how car manufacturers apply front facial features to create cars that look aggressive, mean or just plain cute?

Mustanglvr

Some of my Dad`s cars, all I remember, are how tall and huge the back seats were. Then when my mom got her 70 Mach I, I could finally see out of the backseat because there is a built in armrest on the wall on each side, inside a Mach I anyway. It is just big enough for a little six year olds butt to fit when going to town or driving on the dusty backroads of South Dakota raiding the ditches for wild asparagus. When she had the car full of people, my place in the car was then up in the back window behind the fold down seat. At night I could see every star in the sky, looking through that huge fastback window.

I remember once we were at a Kmart and we came out to find the drivers side window broken out. We were`nt sure how it happened. When Mom went to have it replaced, they found out the Mustang did`nt have the right door. Apparently in the factory, it received the door from a 70 convertible and had the wrong vin number or data plate codes. Some big official, not sure who and a Sheriff had to witness the changing of the numbers on the door. Rather than switch doors with a car that was down south somewhere.
We have Bullheads here in Minnesota and South Dakota rather than sharks. So I always thought the Mustang looked like a Bullhead, lol.
Thanks for bringing up this thread Stacey, a flood of memories came back for me.

Attachments

• bullheadimages.jpg
    bullheadimages.jpg
    3 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
OP
OP
S

Stacey Enderle

For laughs & giggles, start matching car grills with animal, people's personalities

Perkchiro said:
Very funny story Stacey! I guess that's where they get the term "mean looking car". Isn't it interesting how car manufacturers apply front facial features to create cars that look aggressive, mean or just plain cute?

We should start matching car grill photos to the personalities of animals and people for good laughs. Start the new year that way. Laughter is always a good medicine for everyone.

Stacey

OP
OP
S

Stacey Enderle

Good Laughs!

Mustanglvr said:
Some of my Dad`s cars, all I remember, are how tall and huge the back seats were. Then when my mom got her 70 Mach I, I could finally see out of the backseat because there is a built in armrest on the wall on each side, inside a Mach I anyway. It is just big enough for a little six year olds butt to fit when going to town or driving on the dusty backroads of South Dakota raiding the ditches for wild asparagus. When she had the car full of people, my place in the car was then up in the back window behind the fold down seat. At night I could see every star in the sky, looking through that huge fastback window.

I remember once we were at a Kmart and we came out to find the drivers side window broken out. We were`nt sure how it happened. When Mom went to have it replaced, they found out the Mustang did`nt have the right door. Apparently in the factory, it received the door from a 70 convertible and had the wrong vin number or data plate codes. Some big official, not sure who and a Sheriff had to witness the changing of the numbers on the door. Rather than switch doors with a car that was down south somewhere.
We have Bullheads here in Minnesota and South Dakota rather than sharks. So I always thought the Mustang looked like a Bullhead, lol.
Thanks for bringing up this thread Stacey, a flood of memories came back for me.

It's always good to start the new year with good laughs. :grin:
Stacey

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
...Just mount a couple of mini-Marchals to its lower lip & you'll have a GT/"CF'" there Rhonda ;-)

I`m surprised you have`nt done that with the picture already Tim, lol. :wink:

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
...DON'T tempt me ;-) I'm not always sure how my "mutilation' of the theme has been received in the past... ;-)

Well, I for one like it.:smile: