• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Wanted: Master Cylinder

Mustanglvr

Hello everyone, my CS has decided it needs a master cylinder for manual drum brakes. Is this something I should buy new? Or would a used one suffice? If anybody has one for sale, let me know please. Thanks!

somethingspecial

rebuild original

If it were me, I would rebuild the original, If you are in a hurry, and don't care about original, buy a rebuilt one. ****DON'T**** use a used one. Two things I don't mess around with is steering, and brakes. Remember, you are hauling your family around. If you don't have someone locally to rebuild the Master Cylinder, There is a company that advertises in Hemmings. I am going to try them for my power booster and Master rebuild. They are:
Power brake exchange, Inc.
260 Phelan Ave. San Jose, Ca. 95112 1-800-322-1775 www.powerbrakeexchange.com
Hope this helps. Make the right choice. Mike