• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Not a GT/CS - But Cool

PFSlim

From the Paul and Brian Stevenson stable of cars, I have installed a cool car pic on our gallery. Actually, it is just an old Ford he picked up. This one belongs to Brian (PB GTCS on this site). Once we get a chance to get our GT/CS out on a nice day, we will get a pic of both of them together and I will replace this pic.

David A. - Be careful when you look at this pic. We can't run you from here in Missouri!! ;D ;D ;D

Paul

rjw

"...owned by a sweet little old lady...just driven back and forth to church on Sundays."
Uh...yeah.
Richard

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

Good point Richard, forgot to add that. As well, she just drove it back and forth from the store. Never drove faster than 30 MPH.

Paul

19HCS68

That is a REALLY COOL RIDE!!! 8) Wish I could get one in that same color and a 427.

Gary

OP
OP
PFSlim

PFSlim

I have posted another pic on our gallery of "old" ford motor that goes back and forth to church. It is on page 4 of our gallery next to car. :-* ;D

Paul

PB gtcs

Richard,

You are correct, only to church (and nearby). Thank goodness there is a long straight stretch between our house and church. ;D

As well, the church has some weak spots in the coloration of the blacktop. Sooo, they asked me to "leave" some color from time to time on the black top there. ;)

Finally, we used this as a parts go get'er. Works out pretty good for the "short stuff". ;D

Brian

PB gtcs

Gary,

That color is an original color. It is Rangoon Red. You can see it is a 428. Shelby built about 750 CSX 2000 series (SC 427 body) Cobras. Of that, about two thirds got 428s. This is a "street" version which all got 428s. When new, the list price for a street AC Cobra was about $5,500. A premium of about 500 dlrs to the 65-66 Tbird. They were a hard sell in 65-66. Some were still on the Ford lots during 67-68. None of the cars had a year in the VIN. The 427 SCs were all numbered by Shelby as CSX 2XXX, with the numbers in sequence.

Most of the original cars have interesting stories to tell.

Brian

rjw

Gosh, I guess that "old Ford" probably hadn't seen third gear until it hit the Stevenson stable! Nice ride!
Richard

19HCS68

Brian,

You are a lucky man!!! Love that color. Envy sets in... :'(

Gary