• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

GT center cap?

Bluestang

GT center cap?

My GT/CS is 390-4V with the gt option,C6. I purchased the car 3 months ago. The car was verified by MartiAutoWorks. The car seems to be very complete (except for console missing). The question I hope someone can help me with is, what center cap should have on my wheels? The caps I have now are plain. Should it have GT caps? Also being a true GT should it have a GT gas cap?

68sunlitgold

Re: GT center cap?

Bluestang,
a true GT should have the GT centered hupcaps not the plain one, the thing to remember is the GT/CS and the GT where 2 separate options and one had to get the GT option package to get it on the CS. The pop-open gas tank should be the running horse inside the coral not the GT one. The CS options over-ruled the GT gas cap, the sidestrips (GT C-stripe), foglights (GT type) and the GT emblems.
Doug

OP
OP
Bluestang

Bluestang

Doug,
Thanks, that is what I had suspected. I do have the GT/CS gas cap. I figure my GT caps ended up on the same car that my console did. At least they left me with correct 6 inch GT rims . Also , I am missing the thermactor system. I would not put it back on . I am wondering if it would be worth while to locate one and box it away in case I ever want to perfectly restore the car?
Thanks again
Kimball

68sunlitgold

Bluestang,
If you ever want to show it as original or sell it :'(, I would go ahead and buy a thermactor system, I say one on ebay about a month ago and believe it or not, it sold for around $50 becasue the seller had it labeled wrong and did not know what it was. I should have bought it but all my cars are 289 and did not come with it. Good luck in your search. By the way, you can still use the plain hupcaps if you want, just buy the GT emblems and drill holes in the caps and place the GT's on them.
Doug