• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rear Deck warpage

Douggtcs

Greetings! My deck lid appears to be curved up more on the driver side just before the spoiler. It sticks up about a quarter of an inch higher than the other side. Adjusting does no seem to help. does anyone else have this problem? Any solutions?

68gt390

My car to has the same problem on the drivers side just before the spoiler. Any adjustment to trunk lid has been unsuccessful. Only thing I know of to repair problem is to replace the entire trunk lid. Not a cheap fix.

Don :-[

Talan423

this must be a common problem. mine is curved up on the r/s. very difficult to get the decklid aligned properly.
from the underside of the decklid it seems as though the "lid" has seperated from the frame structure on the underside. would probably be a very costly repair.

GTCSMustang

I have three GT/CS's and one 1968 Shelby and none of the deck lids fit very well. I think a poor fit is normal and typical of the quality of the part. Maybe the reproduction lids fit better, but I'd rather have a poor fitting original part than a well fitting reproduction one.

Scott

68gt390

Scott;
Your exactly right. I looked at some of the fiberglass replacement trunk pieces offered by Tony Branda while in Nashville and both the quality and look of the fiberglass are not as good as our original pieces. Think I'll keep my original.

Don ;D

carvensno

i had the same problem when i had my CS, according to paul when he was doing his research for his first book, he had talk to my mom for some info and asked paul, this seemed to be a common thing with orignal deck lids. 8)

OP
OP
D

Douggtcs

Thanks for all your help. I will not replace the hood. Other than the warp, it is in very good condition. :eek: