• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Need suggestion for driver side apron

Sarge

I'm having some work done on my GT/CS and the repair shop has already replaced the right side apron in the front fender area. I am having a difficult time getting a good left side apron sourced to have it put in. I keep getting the same crappy quality parts that are missing bolt holes and such on the part. It has been reordered 6 times now, and rejected all 6 times.

I know that for sheet metal it appears that everyone buys from the same vendor out of Taiwan or China somewhere, so it looks like they have had a run where there are QC issues :rolleyes: SHOCK.

Does anyone have suggestions on how to get around this, or happen to know of a shop/location that might have inventory on hand of the driver's side apron that would not be from this run (old stock, not necessarily NOS)?
Thanks,
Robert

CougarCJ

I would think that missing bolt holes, is better than wrong location bolt holes. Just need a drill.

Dynacorn, and I think Spectra Premium are the only games in town. May be missing a supplier. We stock them where I work, not sure if they are missing holes or not :eek:. Used is another alternative, kind of spendy, the driver side is fairly easy to locate. Passenger side is almost impossible because of the battery.