• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

when do the 2006/7 CS crew begin to post

gt bandit

Hi all ,

This may touch a raw nerve, but I thought I would throw it up anyways.

What do you think will happen when this forum gets more 2006/7 CS enthusiasts online. I reckon its bound to happen very shortly.

Myself i am newbie 68 owner and probably couldn't care less. But i think Mr Admin may have to create a few more areas for discussion topics.

will there be a 2006/7 registry ( think ahead 30 years from now, I know its hard but imagine if you had a record of original owners ? )

catch Ya :lipsseal:

68gt390

Looks like we may have two totally different discussion areas going at the same time. Who knows. Time will tell.

Don

Mosesatm

The Mach 1 site has the same issues with the originals vs. the newer ones. Can't remember what year the Mach was reincarnated.

Mustanger

Mosesatm said:
The Mach 1 site has the same issues with the originals vs. the newer ones. Can't remember what year the Mach was reincarnated.

Arlie,

The Mach 1 started in '69 - '73 (and Mustang II '74 - '78, I think), and it was reincarnated for '03 and '04.

PFSlim

I welcome those folks to the site but I don't think we will be talking the same language. Jon may very well have to set up something kindof different for those folks.

Paul

BroadwayBlue

I'm going to say this without trying to offend anyone. I'm not trying to stereotype the younger crowd. I was there once and remember it well.

My only fear is that it will turn into something similar to other car forums I've frequented. Where the average age is much lower than this site and the posts and topics reflect that a great deal, including newbie abuse and the like.

I rarely frequent those sites anymore yet I'm here almost daily or a few times a week to check in. There's a reason for that.

Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

No offense to our younger members here ... it's not meant in a bad way. I have nephews and nieces in High School and College so I know it's not all bad.
Ok I'll shut up now :lipsseal:

PFSlim

Naw. And we understand Rich. I have been on a few sites and asked questions and was beat up pretty good for it. I have always enjoyed that no one on this site does that.

Hopefully, it will be a good thing when they come and they can learn about our cars from us. And most importantly, learn the history of their cars.

Paul

still looking for one

Being brand new here and having received help and made friends real quickly, let me say I am amazed at the knowledge, commitment to the "marque" and how sensibly the site is set up.

Being involved at the outset withwww.mb.coupes.com (as one of the beginning members) speaking from hard experience, KEEP ABSOLUTE CONTROL OF THE WEBSITE AND THE DOMAIN NAME!!!

Granted this was some years ago but the more desireable name of 560SEC.com was lost and some bad blood was shed.

It really does take a lot of hard work to run a site like this, and it needs to be protected; I am sure everyone here likes things pretty much as they are, and
should owners of the new California Specials be invited here, they should be advised of their rights and responsibilities.

Even though my first thought was, "let 'em go somewhere else", this is the place for the REAL California Specials!!!

Price and all other things being equal, I'd take the old one in a heartbeat!!

Redwingrobb

I'd welcome them with open arms! If we do it right, we're educating/incubating potential future 68 CS owners. It's a win/win situation. Values of old CSs would continue to appreciate while new 2007 CS owners that would never have seen the website will go nuts over the old ones and would tell their young buds about the legendary 68...Robb

68gt390

Folks I may offend someone but, I really don't care. I think we "68 GT/CS owners" need to separate this train of thought. The 07 is a totally different animal. It's not even close to the original GT/CS.

Robb; I'm sorry but, I don't agree. We are not educating new 68 CS owners. They are buying 07 Mustangs and they could care less about the 68 CS. Our 68 CS's will continue to appreciate regardless. The 07 GT/CS does not, nor will it dicatate the appreciation of the 68 GT/CS. Enough said!!!!!!!!

Don :eek:

Mustanglvr

I totally agree with you Don. But I don`t mind if the 2007 owners come here. I welcome it. If they are going to be talking about the new ones though, they will need their own section of the site or maybe Jon could set up another site for the 2007`s and this site would post the link to go to that site. I think a registry would be a good thing for the 2007`s. I think they should have them for all cars.

rvrtrash

I think this site welcomes all who want to visit, and I think it would be great if the new CS owners wanted to join us, to learn the history, but let's be honest. We're a resource dedicated to something that would have no bearing on their cars except the name and the history that goes with it. Talking about the new ones and what accessories/mods/etc on this site would be like having a site where some of the posts are in English and some are in French. I think we need to stay true to what we are.
Steve

p51

Any idea how Shelby Mustang sites have been affected by newer versions (post '60s) of the Shelby? How do they handle new vs old? Did it change the tone of the site?

Also, I think its less a question of age than it is perspective. 18 to 80 most people who own classic '60s cars have similar perspectives which do seem to be different from those who own newer models. I think it comes down to what you deem important.

Finally, for really young folks a 2007 GT/CS will probably be out of their price range. So, I doubt you will get the pimped-out Honda Civic crowd...at least, not yet... give it 5yrs :wink:

P

PNewitt

I appreciate all your candor and honesty about the old vs. new GT/CS. I think that there should be a separate, but linked websites for both versions. Perhaps Jon can set up a domain name ASAP.

I know the purist attitude, and I totally understand. There is an almost 40 year gap. But remember that it's that "California Feeling", and the spirit of Shelby that both cars share. The important thing is to recognize the enthusiasm of ownership, regardless of the model year.

I wouldn't want to "dilute" the good rapport we have with complete inclusion of a late model version--but you'd be suprised at the age level being actually higher for these late models. Heck, some of you will have BOTH versions. The average age that bought the '65-70 Shelbys back then was about 45!

I will be starting a new GT/CS late model registry (including the Mustang CE) at the same address:

Paul M. Newitt
1968/2007 GT/CS Registry
P.O. Box 2245
Davis, CA 95617

this will also be announced in the late model Mustang magazines.

Paul N.

BroadwayBlue

Are the 07 cars going to be sold all over or limited areas? Anyone know?

My personal experience with newer car limited edition registries is that they start strong and die off real fast. A few survive but not many.

Most sites I used to go to don't even exist anymore. It's different. The majority of people purchasing them just don't get it. Just my opinion and observations, nothing scientific behind it.