• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

grill color

CS68

I'm in the process of painting the original grille on my CS but i notice that the color is not black can anyone please assist me on the color that the grille should be, also does the grill wide moulding is suppose to be paint the same color like the grille.
thanks

OP
OP
C

CS68

the brakets for the marshal fog light by accident where remove from the grille would be a good idea to weld them or screw them. i notice that they are attached with a spot welding which I don't have access to one. thanks

390cs68rcode

wide moldings, grill and pedestals are all painted the same color. Ditzler ddl32930 is the correct color.

the color is almost black with silver flakes. Others might have easier colors to find in common stores.

automotivetouchup.com can make this color.

C160223

CS68

The brackets are actually rivited on. They are a solid aluminum rivit (tinnerman's). AMK sells them, part # B-13398 dimensions are 1/8 X .17 L .22 OD.

OP
OP
C

CS68

thanks you for your help I specting the car to be painted tomorrow and i can;t wait to get it and put it together. thanks