• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

question on console pad and will sell my CS

mnut

I have a question on a 68 center console pad.Has anyone successfully had a 68 4 speed console pad reconditioned by a restorer? I hear of at least one shop that reconditions pads,door panels and other vinyl trim pieces.May be in the upper midwest or? I have the correct 4 speed chrome center piece,plastic shell and pad around the radio.I'd just like to have the center pad restored but don't know who's had good luck with a shop that does them.If nothing works out,I guess I'll wait to trade for one or watch Ebay?
I'm considering selling my CS "J" code.I'll post it on the classifieds forum right now for details...thanks!

Bob

6t8-390gt

I know Just Dashes in CA does this kind of work. Magazine articles on this subject rave about Just Dashes. I know they are pricey, but I have not had any work done by them. Let me know if you use them, I have a couple 4 spd. pads and an original dash to be recovered.

Danny

Perkchiro

I used Just Dashes for my overhead console. It took them about 3 months to complete it but I was very pleased with the workmanship and result. They were a bit pricey but in my opinion, well worth the cost.