• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Front Fender Stripes

franklinair

Next project: Install striping on left side of car.

Question: Are the 2 sections for the front fender supposed to be pre-cut for the contour of the wheel well opening - or are they to be cut for that contour when installing?:confused:

Neil

Russ

Neil, I'm in the process of installing my stripes too, and you need to cut the stripes to match the front fender well. I've used PN's old book, which has the correct contour for the cut. I would cut out the contour first and then intall the stripe. Good luck...I just finished my trunk stripe, and it really makes the car look great. Hope this helps, Russ

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Thanks Russ. I've got the book. "When all else fails, read the instructions."!! Didn't think to look there.:embarass:

Neil