• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

cal sp on ebay think not!!!!!!

hicountrybob

on ebay tonight just listed this past hour, 1968 mustang an aug. date and an eastern plant, and shipped to an eastern DSO. seller claims this car is cal sp. i wonder if someone is going to get hurt on this one . already has a bid on it. WHAT DO YOU GUYS SAY? hi country bob teets

Calspecialdreamer

Gotta be a fake. I don't know about the fog lamps, but the hood pins aren't even close to where they are supposed to be! I guess this IS someones' chance to own a rare piece of history. Fake history!

66 Dearborn HCS

I guess someone let Ebay know about it cause it's gone now. Or at least I didn't find it today. Besides, I'm the only one allowed to have one built in Dearborn. ;)

I found a few GT/CS's and one guy admitted up front it might not be a real one but wasn't sure. I didn't see the one built in the east sent to an eastern DSO though.

Nice to see you posting Bob. Sharp eye for catching that one. Was he really trying to sell it off as the real thing?

Scott W.
;D

BrandonB

UNIT NUMBER 102574

but does need a few more cosmetic things replaced to be alittle closer to perfect and they are little things like, drivers side 289 emblem

??whats he mean by UNIT NUMBER??

68sunlitgold

Brandon,
That's the last numbers on the VIN meaning the consecutive number given to it coming down the assemble line.
Doug

hcsstang

I asked if he had a Marti report and the answer was no.He never heard of the 8R01 numbers either. I suggested that he check with this website.

bigskygt

Looks like He was here, the description on ebay states it is a clone now, keep em honest and informed.

carvensno

man, you guys were'nt kidding, those hood pins are way off and the striping looks to be off to on the tail deck lid ::), the engine has a a/c compresser but no a/c outlet or ducting in the car either ???