• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. July 2010 Seattle MCA Show, Northwest Get Together Part Two

robert campbell

Now all we need is Arlie from Texas!!! His taste in beer is strange, but I bet he can eat some brisket!!!

Rob :grin:

Mosesatm

Now all we need is Arlie from Texas!!! His taste in beer is strange, but I bet he can eat some brisket!!!

Rob :grin:

You want me to travel 2500 miles from Texas to the PNW for brisket???

Salmon or dungeness crab, yes, but I've got the best brisket in the world right down the street!!!

Come to think of it that beer you drink looks a little like liquid brisket!:wink::grin:

Powell

Wow, what a wonderful group of folks, I don't know how Ralph and Karen could possibly miss this one! Rob is Renee' going to be helping with the Brisket??? might need to notify the local fire dept. Now we have to start looking for rooms near a good self wash car wash.

Ralph

robert campbell

Renee' is not touching my cooker!!! Arlie can be my brisket judge! To see if it measures up at all!! Maybe he will move to Washington to be closer to Omak?

An then of course, Arlie will learn about good beer!!! Ralph And Karen live in Portland, the home of the micro brew!!!

Rob

robert campbell

Renee' is not touching my cooker!!! Arlie can be my briket judge! To see if it measures up at all!! Maybe he will move to Washington to be closer to Omak?

An then of course, learn about good beer!!! Ralph And Karen live in Portland, the home of the micro brew!!!

Rob

PonyGal

Renee' is not touching my cooker!!! Arlie can be my briket judge! To see if it measures up at all!! Maybe he will move to Washington to be closer to Omak?

An then of course, learn about good beer!!! Ralph And Karen live in Portland, the home of the micro brew!!!

Rob

Rob, I promise I won't set your BBQ on fire :cry: :cry: :cry:

Just pour me a nice glass of wine and I will just sit back and watch YOU do the cooking :wink:

rvrtrash

You want me to travel 2500 miles from Texas to the PNW for brisket???

Salmon or dungeness crab, yes, but I've got the best brisket in the world right down the street!!!

Come to think of it that beer you drink looks a little like liquid brisket!:wink::grin:

I'll try to talk my son out of some of the salmon he's got in the freezer. If not, I'll spring for the crab. In fact Arlie, if you're coming through here, we can caravan.

Steve

PonyGal

Okay now...if you're talking salmon and crab, I am definitely going to be there!!!

I cook salmon at least two to three times a month here. I LOVE IT!!! I get it at the grocery, but nothing is better than wild salmon!! Even frozen!!

img6.jpg

rvrtrash

Speaking of salmon, we used to have a state representative that was giving a press conference and one of the media wonks asked her about the shortage of salmon. Her reply was "There's no shortage of salmon. I can go to Safeway and get as much as I want." The media almost pee'd all over themselves. I thought I was going to die laughing. Sorry, but I just had to share. :rofl::rofl:

Steve

Midnight Special

Okay now...if you're talking salmon and crab, I am definitely going to be there!!!

I cook salmon at least two to three times a month here. I LOVE IT!!! I get it at the grocery, but nothing is better than wild salmon!! Even frozen!!

Rob, I promise I won't set your BBQ on fire :cry: :cry: :cry:

img6.jpg

...Don't be fooled guys. She really means THIS!

Attachments

• r2.jpg
    r2.jpg
    55.2 KB · Views: 19

robert campbell

"Flaming, Fast Lane Foster"!!!! FFLF!!! YAAAAA BABBBEEEE!!! May need to drag out a second wood fire barbeque for the salmon and crab!

I cook little fish, so someone else will be in charge of that! Steve?? Tim??? Renee'??????? Better up the fire insurance. Actually a fireman lives next to our cabin!! I can make him stage a truck company for the weekend!! :grin:

Rob

PonyGal

Okay. Now that everyone here thinks I'm a firebug, is this better???

Attachments

• Fire Bug.jpg
    Fire Bug.jpg
    61.3 KB · Views: 137

Midnight Special

...OKAY...okay...For the record - you're not a firebug, but you are a lot of fun and a great sport :) But since Rob and Amy have already tamed Satan - I thought "What the "Hell"...
;-)

PonyGal

I don't mind having fun. Actually, you guys have had me laughing through this whole thing. But, I still must admit, I did set the BBQ on fire :undecided (Don't worry Rob...I'm not going near your BBQ!!!)

And it's not like I don't like fire, because I love a nice warm fire (controlled of course) :wink:

Attachments

• CampFire.jpg
    CampFire.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 15

Ruppstang

Renee',
I really can't offer my personal opinion, We have never met. I do know there are those on this site that think you are hot. There are all those comments about fire. Oh I get it! GT-CS hot car!!! Can't wait to see you drive it. I am sure it will be smoken. Marty

OP
OP
aemoo28

aemoo28

I'm looking forward to this BBQ!! And meeting everyone.

But I'm not an 'aunt'. I'm a SISTA. Rob is old; he's Uncle Rob, or Dr. Rob as he is the king of taming Satan.

Can't wait til show season again! It's been raining f-o-r-e-v-e-r in Seattle.

Ruppstang

Then some of us will be uncles too! We are excited about the show as well. We were working on our hotel arrangements last night. See you soon Marty

franklinair

Good point Marty.
Amy/Rob- what's your recommendation for hotel/motel convenient for the gathering?

Neil