• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Humor - WHY MEN DO NOT WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS

tworings

WHY MEN DO NOT WRITE ADVICE COLUMNS

Dear Walter:

I hope you can help me here. The other day I set off for work leaving my husband in the house watching the TV as usual. I hadn't gone more than a few hundred yards down the road when my engine conked out and the car shuddered to a halt. I walked back home to get my husband's help. When I got home I couldn't believe my eyes. He was parading in front of the wardrobe mirror dressed in my underwear and high-heel shoes, and he was wearing my make up.

I am 32, my husband is 34 and we have been married for twelve years. When I confronted him, he tried to make out that he had dressed in my lingerie because he couldn't find his own underwear. But when I asked him about the make up, he broke down and admitted that he'd been wearing my clothes for six months. I told him to stop or I would leave him.

He was let go from his job six months ago and he says he has been feeling increasingly depressed and worthless. I love him very much, but ever since I gave him the ultimatum he has become increasingly distant. I don't feel I can get through to him anymore. Can you please help?
Sincerely,
Mrs. Sheila Lusk

Dear Sheila:

A car stalling after being driven a short distance can be caused by a variety of faults with the engine. Start by checking that there is no debris in the fuel line. If it is clear, check the jubilee clips holding the vacuum pipes onto the inlet manifold. If none of these approaches solves the problem, it could be that the fuel pump itself is faulty, causing low delivery pressure to the carburetor float chamber. I hope this helps.

Walter

rvrtrash

I see your point. He should have also mentioned the possiblity of electrical problems. :smile: :wink:

Steve

Perkchiro

I think Walter is right, probably faulty fuel delivery, a clogged fuel filter, or an often overlooked problem, a loose gas cap.

OP
OP
T

tworings

The funniest part is that the Mustang DID stall on me this weekend at the car cruise. The guys determined it was a carburator thing-a-ma-gig :grin: ~Lisa

somethingspecial

Come on guys, You are missing the whole point here. She made it very clear about the problem. She found her husband depressed, and now he is becoming more distant. She didn't see the signs, and now she cant figure out what to do about it. THE CAR IS OUT OF GAS!!!!! She didn't see the gas gauge was showing empty, and the car stalled. HELLOOOOOOOO
Women Drivers. SHEEESH

Midnight Special

The funniest part is that the Mustang DID stall on me this weekend at the car cruise. The guys determined it was a carburator thing-a-ma-gig :grin: ~Lisa

...Same here, 'cept it was a '72 Maverick my daughter was interested in. 'Half way between the owner's house & mine, (1/2 mile) - it quit cold. After pushing it home and a series of tests - pulled the top of the carb off to find nothing but "tar" caked around the float valve. I got a clue after finding a hollowed out fuel filter. Needles to say; no deal was struck :)

John McGilvary

Come on guys, You are missing the whole point here. She made it very clear about the problem. She found her husband depressed, and now he is becoming more distant. She didn't see the signs, and now she cant figure out what to do about it. THE CAR IS OUT OF GAS!!!!! She didn't see the gas gauge was showing empty, and the car stalled. HELLOOOOOOOO
Women Drivers. SHEEESH

I agree, she forgot to put gas in the car. So now she is trying to change the subject and blame him. POOOR GUY !!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

John