• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Long time listener, first time caller

Dave's Classic

A few years ago we were lucky to aquired a C/S. It was in desperate need of a restoration. Believe it was originally delivered to this area, Marti report ordered should tell for sure. Previous owner had it for about 18 years and made a lot of changes, some of which I wasn't to keen on. It started as a green on green C code car. I aquired it primered over blue gone purple with a black interior [matching black duct tape] and a 302! It still has the 302 but I had to get rid of the duct tape! We painted it Acapulco blue with white stripes & installed a new black interior. Spent many hours bringing it back to where it needed to be. Then spent many hours enjoying it. Now comes the bad news. Finances dictate something has to go. So we have to put it up for sale. Hoping it goes to a good home. That's why I came here. Thanks.

Attachments

• HPIM0920.JPG
    HPIM0920.JPG
    129 KB · Views: 46
  • HPIM0921.JPG
    HPIM0921.JPG
    132.5 KB · Views: 51
  • HPIM0923.JPG
    HPIM0923.JPG
    136.6 KB · Views: 43
  • HPIM0917.JPG
    HPIM0917.JPG
    128 KB · Views: 53
  • HPIM0918.JPG
    HPIM0918.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 50
  • HPIM0922.JPG
    HPIM0922.JPG
    149.8 KB · Views: 61

Diesel Donna

Dave,
Sorry to hear that you need to sell your Mustang. How much are you asking and where is it?
Thanks, Donna

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

Hi Donna,
I live in British Columbia. I would like to get $20k US. I would consider part trade for another that I could take time to restore.
Thanks, Dave

Mosesatm

Sounds very reasonable.

Jason, what sort of taxes or tariffs are assessed on an import?

390cs68rcode

Mosesatm said:
Sounds very reasonable.

Jason, what sort of taxes or tariffs are assessed on an import?

on cars over 25 years old coming into the US from Canada there are no taxes. I did have to pay a "broker" $150 to do the paperwork at the border. When you pay a transport company to bring a car into the US they coordinate the broker thing and roll it into the cost of the transport.

VERY easy to do.............. send they some money and fill out a couple of simple forms and 2 weeks later your car arrives.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

From what I've heard it's not importing because it was made in the USA. To import from Canada it has to be made here. If the weather is good I might drive it to Portland in April. But it's been pretty wet in the area. I haven't received the Marti report yet, but I saw some 20 year old pictures of the car and it was a light green. I don't understand what you mean about "the worst". In the pictures, from the previous owner, it had a light green dash board also. I assume that means it was light green interior also. The previous owner purchased it from a repair shop here.

Mosesatm

Dave's Classic said:
From what I've heard it's not importing because it was made in the USA. To import from Canada it has to be made here. If the weather is good I might drive it to Portland in April. But it's been pretty wet in the area. I haven't received the Marti report yet, but I saw some 20 year old pictures of the car and it was a light green. I don't understand what you mean about "the worst". In the pictures, from the previous owner, it had a light green dash board also. I assume that means it was light green interior also. The previous owner purchased it from a repair shop here.

That comment was an inside joke that Rhonda and some of the other long time members may understand. They are acutely aware of my aversion to color changes from green to blue. At least it wasn't changed from Highland Green. That would have meant another visit to Dr. Von Quack!!!

luisa2552

Maybe I haven't been lurking around long enough, but I don't think I've ever seen a color change on a car that was originally Highland Green. Too awsesome of a color I guess!

rvrtrash

Dave's Classic said:
If the weather is good I might drive it to Portland in April. But it's been pretty wet in the area.

First, it always rains in Portland in April. Second, if you're going to the swap meet, we need to hook up. I'll be there the 7th-9th.

Steve

hookedtrout

I'd just have to add that the color is beeeeeautiful, nice choice. Blue that is.

Cory

68gt390

Mosesatm said:
At least it wasn't changed from Highland Green. That would have meant another visit to Dr. Von Quack!!!

Arlie;
That hasn't been ruled out yet. With your luck the Marti Report will come in and low and behold - Highland Green. Looks like Dr. Von Quack is on stand-by. :icon_pani

Don

Mustanglvr

Mosesatm said:
He helped me get over Rhonda's desire to paint her highland green GT/CS blue.

:wink: Hey, I finally decided that Highland green is an awesome color. I would`nt want it any other way.:grin:

Mosesatm

Mustanglvr said:
:wink: Hey, I finally decided that Highland green is an awesome color. I would`nt want it any other way.:grin:

That's great!!! Now maybe the twitching will finally stop.

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

Does Dr. Von Quack offer group rates? I don't know how I'm getting to Portland yet Steve. Sounds like four of us going and I don't care how as long as I go, it's been 15 years since I was there last. To me Portland is the perfect weekend! Other than the bad case of the "I wanna's"! What's Von Quack's number?

Perkchiro

Mosesatm said:
That's great!!! Now maybe the twitching will finally stop.

Arlie: You better book another appointment. Remember, I painted my lime gold CS candyapple red!

Hope that twitching gets better real soon!:cheesy:

Steve

OP
OP
D

Dave's Classic

Good news Arlie, the Marti report is in. Built March 28, it was painted Lime Gold with a Ivy gold interior. Give herr Doctor the weekend off.