• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Lincoln MCA Show Photos

Diesel Donna

Neil, I went to one shop in Lincoln but their work load was too backed up so I went to another shop they recommended and even though they were slammed, they took a look and found a bad part, (a plug in thing) and replaced it and I had air. But due to the extreme heat I encountered starting in Kingman, Az all the rest of the way home, I did not use the air. There are nothing but long steep grades and it was 108 degrees. With no fan shroud I was not going to risk overheating even though I was rolling steady.
So that was pretty miserable but I didn't break down like the others I saw pulled over!
I finally washed the car from the road grime this morning and I am headed to the shop that installed the a/c and fan shroud. I tried very hard to get my car back to them when the shroud melted and they knew I had the MCA trip coming up. They asked what days I had available to bring her in and I gave them my schedule but never heard back from them. Then I leave on the trip and discover no A/C. ...They don't know I'm coming.... stay tuned.

OP
OP
Mosesatm

Mosesatm

If anyone wants higher resolution photos let me know and I'll email them to you.

Diesel Donna

Well the shop here is not happy with the parts that failed on my car and will look into it. The a/c part that failed was the high pressure cut out.

Ricky Knapik

Trying to add a couple of pictures, can't figure it out. Someone want to help me? :( What does it mean when it asks for the URL of the photo?

Ruppstang

For those that did not attend here is a picture of our awards, the one on the left was given to all of the 68' in our anniversary display.

Attachments

• 2007-07-26 00.58.49.jpg
    2007-07-26 00.58.49.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 50

J_Speegle

Great job - all of you. Will be remembered for a long time while providing a goal (for another group to beat) in the future.

Ricky Knapik

Hmmm, They show up on my end. UGH! I just can't get the pics to work right on this site!