• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Neil's Next One

tclark

Good looking car, I looked at it last year.
when you look at it make note of the interior from front saets to rear seats,
at that they looked different, colorwise?? might be corrected by now?

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Yes, stripe looks low. There are a few other glitches, not serious though. (These are called 'bargaining chips'!) Won't know for sure until I see it up close & personal. Strangely, the VIN is not in the registry (old or new) The Marti shows production date of July 3, pretty close to the end of production.

Neil

ari guy

DSO is Kansas City, Mo. One of my cal specials was also DSO 53. Its vin was 165302 I believe, 4672 apart. You have a late one, a very late one.

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Just got off the phone with the seller. Price range agreed on. I'll find out tonite my travel schedule for FL.
A/C needs charging. I've got a couple cans of R-12 if needed. It wouldn't break my heart if it has been converted to R-134. If not, I'll probably do that when I get it home. The R-12 is really tough to find, and VERY pricey.
I'm thinking of driving it home :-( but no A/C in FL is kinda toasty!

Neil

Midnight Special

Just got off the phone with the seller. Price range agreed on. I'll find out tonite my travel schedule for FL.
I'm thinking of driving it home :-( but no A/C in FL is kinda toasty!

Neil

..."Open cockpit" Neil! You've done it before ;-)

Attachments

• DSC_1144.jpg
    DSC_1144.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 25
OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

OK, I'm all set for my trek to FL tomorrow morning. The couple that owns the car are not 'car people' - they bought it already done. I've gotta look in all the nooks & crannies to see if all is well. If everything is a go, I plan on driving it home (700+/- miles) on Thursday, avoiding Atlanta like the plague.

Neil

Mosesatm

OK, I'm all set for my trek to FL tomorrow morning. The couple that owns the car are not 'car people' - they bought it already done. I've gotta look in all the nooks & crannies to see if all is well. If everything is a go, I plan on driving it home (700+/- miles) on Thursday, avoiding Atlanta like the plague.

Neil

If you drive through Atlanta I'll buy you lunch!

Ruppstang

Good luck Neil,
Hope all gos well and the 4-70 AC works for you. Marty

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

Got back home tonite. I bought thr C/S in Florida, but did not drive it home due to a few issues: 96 degrees, no A/C, transmission a little quirky. So I didn't want to drive it on a 700 mile jaunt just yet. I'll have it transported next week. Overall, I was pleased with what I saw. Mostly minor glitches that I can take care of. Now the fun begins anew!! When I get it home I'll post photos (I can't believe I didn't take photos while I was there, but it was soooo blistering hot:tongue: & humid).

Neil:grin:

PS: It's not listed in any registries, but I do have the Marti.

robert campbell

Neil,
CONCRATS!! You, Bob Teets, and John McGilvery are the the "god fathers" of the High Country Special and the California Special!!!

Rob

OP
OP
franklinair

franklinair

I just got word from the seller (Renee): The CS will be picked up Monday, delivered here in NC on Tuesday. ALLRIGHT!!

Neil:icon_ecst