• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 GT/CS Postcard

stangfan

Did Ford use postcards as a promotion for the GT/CS in 68? There is one on eBay, but to me it doesn't quite look "right".

clubpro

Steve,

Yes they did and the post cards are very rare. I hardly ever see them come up on ebay. From what I have been told they sent them out to their loyal repeat customers.

Cheers,

Ron

68sunlitgold

Steve,
They did send out post cards and they may not look 'right' because the car they used was the test CS which is the same one on the initial posters which differs from the actual production car....ie wrong hood locks, no CS script, and side scoops with openings.

Doug

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Thanks guys. I just noticed on the ad that the seller "may not ship to Canada". Guess I have to wait until he responds to my question. :grin:

68sunlitgold

Steve,
if you want...I can purchase it and then send it to you. I took a look at it and it looks just like the one I have.

Doug

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Thanks Doug. I have heard back from the seller. He will ship here, so I have bid. (Keeping fingers crossed....) :grin:

whodat

I went on Ebay to see it. Good luck on it. If you win let us know.

OP
OP
stangfan

stangfan

Thanks. I also have an original GT/CS brochure. I got a repro to put in the car when I show it. My original stuff stays home...where they are safe. :grin:

clubpro

Steve,

Here is what I did with my original dealer brochure. It is the first thing that you see when you walk in from the garage.

Cheers,

Ron

Attachments

• IMG_0299.jpg
    IMG_0299.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 28