• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Port Angeles show was great

mechanicalguy48

The show in Port Angeles was great. The weather turned out nice and even though it was a little cool early in the day, the sun came out and it was nice in the afternoon. Amy(Aemoo) , Bill (traveledgtcs) and me(mechanicalguy48) all attended. This was to be Amy's "satan" show debut but because she is still having cooling problems and it was a long drive she brought her new GTCS. So this was the first show for my Gold CS since I bought it last year and did a lot of rust repair and repaint. You can see Bill's blue CS and mine behind his in the pics. They did not have a special class for us so we were in the 67/68 class and Bill got 2nd and I got 3rd. Amy scooped us all, she got 2nd place in her class with the new CS and then we urged her on to tell her story for the "hard luck trophy". So she got 1st there too. You can see she has recovered and was doing well and even joking about the accident,,,,, we made her show her scar for the guy and the crowd there. What a great day. The next show we have "satan" out. port angeles 010s.jpg

port angeles 022s.jpg

port angeles 023s.jpg

aemoo28

Great photos, Steve. Had a great time at the show. Good to see you, Bill, & Tanner. I was very well padded with those abdominal ABD pads yesterday.

I'm so sorry my 68 CS wasn't there, but still, my 08 CS continues to be a show winner! I'll have you know that this class included all the 05-2010 Mustangs. I got 2nd place, and a 08 Vista Blue CS got 1st! Our Specials totally took over this show.

I'll have the 68 at the XXX Spring Opener May 17th in Issaquah.

HappyHour

Amy not sure anyone could beat you with the "hard luck" story! Is that a normal category?

Also how are the late models judged? I never been so wondering what you do to prep one of the newer cars?

Congratulations "mechanical" thats alot of hard work! Was thrown off my your shelby avatar tho...did you own one? Time to upgrade to a CS avatar? :grin:

OP
OP
mechanicalguy48

mechanicalguy48

Yeah its a category they have every year and usually its like a bad battery or a ticket on the way to the show or something. We had to urge Amy to get up there but once she told her story she was into it,,lol. She even flashed the guy there her bandage as you can see,,,I dont know why the guy reached for his manboob there,,,, just a reaction I guess ,,lol.
My avatar is still my 65 fastback with shelby rear lights ,,its a restomod. Yeah I cut a lot out of my 68 CS and welded for days trying to get it all right. The doors were pretty easy but the rust in front of the back wheel well was hard to get, both sides the same and I ended up weld repairing the inner fender also so it took me all winter to get it done and the paint too. I had to paint it three times to get a color close match.

Attachments

• drivers qtrweld 001s.jpg
    drivers qtrweld 001s.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 29
  • painted rqps.jpg
    painted rqps.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 21

robert campbell

Great pics!!! I would have liked to have been there to meet you guys. Mechanical Guy, what fun is rust repair. I am not talented in the body repair and paint stuff. You are a true, complete restorer. A guy that can do it all!

Rob

OP
OP
mechanicalguy48

mechanicalguy48

Thanks Rob, but I wish I had more experience at it, I want to take one of those body shop classes you know. Pretty good at welding, painting itself is easy but its the prep that I need to do better at. I found out the hard way for instance that gold flake follows the lines of whatever is underneath it, so when I painted the CS the gold flake followed the lines of the repair. Took a lot of prep work to get it close to being right and I still am not completely happy. I was always an engine guy, the black 65fb gave me a chance to do a little engine work, nothing like your blown baby there, but a healthy 302 with 2.02 edelbrock heads and a cam, T5 and 3.8 rearend and a few other mods. You should hit the cruise in on the first tuesday of the month at the bank in bremerton on sixth.

Midnight Special

...'Wonder if Rob ever watched any of the old "Saturday Night Live" shows from the '80's. 'Just think, on Tuesday, he could dress up as the "church lady" (Dana Carvey) and greet Amy with something like:

"well...Isn't that Special....My, my, my. Who could it be?...could it be...SATAN???

;
-) sorry...

Doug

...'Wonder if Rob ever watched any of the old "Saturday Night Live" shows from the '80's. 'Just think, on Tuesday, he could dress up as the "church lady" (Dana Carvey) and greet Amy with something like:

"well...Isn't that Special....My, my, my. Who could it be?...could it be...SATAN???

;
-) sorry...

In some areas Priests will even “bless” your car.

aemoo28

I can hear you!

Yes, Rob to the rescue this weekend!!!

If she's stopped her overheating tantrum I can come over for this cruise some time, sure.

Next attempt at a show on your side of the Sound will be the "Mustangs on the Waterfront" in Port Orchard on July 26. Last year it was just Bill, this year we'll have a whole herd. Those Shelby people won't know what to do with us.

Can you guys come to the Issaquah XXX show Sunday May 17th?

And Dan calspcl! You live over there! You come too! Hey Bret 68special! What are ya doin on Sunday the 17th?

http://www.californiaspecial.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=8773&stc=1&d=1241111977

Attachments

• Satan with stripes 020.jpg
    Satan with stripes 020.jpg
    162 KB · Views: 27

robert campbell

Hope I can tame the "hot breath" from this beast. Not done yet....

Amy,
do you know what day you can come over? I think you start your 7 "off" tonight.

Rob in a dress:? think I will poke both my eys out with a rusty nail to get that mental image out of my head.....

Rob

Mosesatm

Yes, Rob to the rescue this weekend!!!

If she's stopped her overheating tantrum I can come over for this cruise some time, sure.

So Satan is female?

I know some people who would agree with that!

aemoo28

She's a girl because...

As mentioned before on a different thread...

I asked Jenn, who flew down & rode home with me (or tried to) from California to Wa when I picked up this car. Jenn gave her this name, Satan, because the car "kept doing things to kill me" like run backward over me etc. the rear view mirror fell off, the gas line to the carbourator came off in Paul's fingers, she kept smoking on the highway, stopped mid 60mph and I lost p/s and p/b, when we picked her up, the a/c was not working in 100 degree weather.

So I asked Jenn why she thinks the car is female, and Jenn replied "Cuz she's a b*tch!"

Rob, you are forewarned. And thank you beforehand.

robert campbell

Amy,
A story to treasure for a life time. Trust me!! To bad that one of the people cannot enjoy it with you! You have my utmost respect and this car will always be your treasure. You will own it, tame it, love it, and it will love you back! It will provide memories you should not, and will not let pass you by!

My wife and I got married in 1978 and we were to worried about shaving creme on her freshly painted 67 black fastback at our wedding.

We lost the pictures of our life. We have been married 31 years, but regret not having those shots!

Never lose yours!!

Rob