• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Rare GTCS found on Ebay with Marti Report

BroadwayBlue

I'm not knocking the auction or the car, but isn't that the idea of the Elite Marti Report to get as close as you can to a 1 of 1 in some combination?

It is a No Reserve Auction though ... should be an interesting one to watch.

I think we've seen this car for sale somewhere else though.

John McGilvary

Very interesting, restored 1 of 1 CS. I'll also wait and see what the high bid will be.

John

390cs68rcode

90% of our CS's are 1 of 1 the way Marti breaks them down.

What is the story of the speedo? never seen one with yellow and red strip above the 70-120. All that I have seen are only red.

OP
OP
C

ClassicCruizer63

I havent seen this one before but Im not on here all that much. The location of the car is fairly close to me. (About 150 miles) I think I may take a drive up to look at it.

Mustanglvr

I havent seen this one before but Im not on here all that much. The location of the car is fairly close to me. (About 150 miles) I think I may take a drive up to look at it.

So do you by chance own it ClassicCruizer63? lol

obwan93001

Hi all!

A newb here but long time classic Mustang lover/owner and I love this site.

I had the same conclusion that 390cs68rcode when I read this thead last night and read thru the owner's Marti report stats. "1 of 1" huh! When you really read into the stats and all of the "of them", "of those" and "of which" you'll understand and concur w/390cs68rcode that 90% of all GT/CSs are "1 of 1"s per the Marti reports stats. Just a little sugar to make you think your's is truly special I assume. Don't get me wrong, if I had a nice GT/CS I'd like to think mine is special too! BTW, I may finally be picking one up later this week in original condition needing a restore of course but not much to make a driver or can go nuts and perform a complete resto like it deserves. Problem is my wallet will dictate what we can do, common prob I'm sure, hee hee.

I also questioned the speedo when I saw it's pic and after checking out my prospective GT/CS on Saturday and not seeing one like that on it. I really hope the winning bidder knows what he's doing and checks it out thoroughly.

Take care all!

John McGilvary

90% of our CS's are 1 of 1 the way Marti breaks them down.

What is the story of the speedo? never seen one with yellow and red strip above the 70-120. All that I have seen are only red.

Just waiting for you to jump in on this one Jason, and again I agree with
your "KIND" assessment of this CS.

And to the seller; I do believe I have seen a rarer CS.

John

68gt390

I'll jump in a little. I find it strange the seller states the car belongs in a "Museum" - NOT, it needs to be in a good detail shop from the looks of the under carriage and what I find most funny is the fact that the very item that makes it a "1 of 1" car isn't even on the car. Makes me wonder how many of us have a "1 of 1" CS?

Don - :rolleyes:

joedls

Here's another 1 of 1. Hasn't this one been mentioned in a thread? Seems I remeber the talk of the bench seat. This can't be the only CS with a bench seat. As I read the Marti, it's the only parchment interior with a bench seat, right?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&viewitem=&item=130109853467

Actually, it's the only Canyapple Red 1968 Mustang GT/CS w/302, Automatic Transmission, & Parchement Knitted Decor Bench Seat. It's all those things combined that make it unique.

franklinair

Re: the speedometer range colors. I once reworked an instrument cluster that was dull & faded. I bought a roll of thin red stripe tape and carefully applied it over the faded red band. It was barely discernable from the original markings. I also repainted the gage pointers with a "day-glo" type paint to brighten them up. I believe the speedo markings were done in a similar fashion, but with the wrong color @ the 70MPH range.
P.S. In the photo of the speedo - is the heater/fan/vent control panel '67 or '68? Note the TWO interior light door switches, also. (Maybe an added switch for an alarm system?)

Last edited:

case12

The speedo thing is wierd. I ONLY have yellow from 70mph up, and NO red. The speedo is original, and no fading on the dial (I looked at it hard under good light - but I could have missed it).

As for 1 of 1 - I have almost taken that part off my Marti report because it is so embarrasing. After going through the colors etc, mine comes down to:

12 with parchment interior
7 with deluxe wheel covers
5 with whitewall tires
1 without A/C

Gotta admit...that is not a 1 of 1 to be proud of at a show :undecided Casey

Mustanglvr

Mine is one of twins.:grin:

Attachments

• marti5.jpg
    marti5.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 35