• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

1968 Well, I just bought the "7 million in gold and 1 GT/CS" car

OP
OP
F

Forsche

...With a good summary and great feeling about your progress, we eagerly await further updates when you get the car :) But yes... things can get a little "stupid" in the meantime.... It's all good!

Thanks. You are right....its all good. Shipping scheduled but probably not much to update on for a while. Thanks.

Midnight Special

Who are you shipping with? I have had the last three with these guys and was very happy :) >

Attachments

• IM002048.jpg
    IM002048.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 46
  • IM002043.jpg
    IM002043.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 39
OP
OP
F

Forsche

Who are you shipping with? I have had the last three with these guys and was very happy :) >

Actually I have heard good things about them. Almost went with them when shipped my '68 f100 but used DAS and was very pleased. Looking at Trusted First Auto right now. Dealing with a guy named Charles. Seems well versed on shipping vintage cars. Will let you know how that goes.

clubpro

I'm curious, I am in Carson City on a weekly basis and if the car is still there I could go by and look it over for you. Just let me know if you are interested. I would be happy to help.

Cheers,

Ron

whodat

There is this GT500KR in the New Orleans area that I saw at World of Wheels last year and he had it totally restored. It is Lime-Gold and I'll tell you a new paint job Lime-Gold looks awesome. What I like about your car is you could show it as a barn find sans the bug-deflector. You paid a better price than me. I had tunnel vision when I bought mine.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

I'm curious, I am in Carson City on a weekly basis and if the car is still there I could go by and look it over for you. Just let me know if you are interested. I would be happy to help.

Cheers,

Ron

Thanks, Ron. I think the car will be leaving tomorrow. Need to check on that and will let you know if that is not the case.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Shipping scheduled and a couple of questions

Ok, so the car ships tomorrow. Heading to Illinois and should arrive there Friday. That's when we get the first chance to see what we really have. Unfortunately it will be my mechanic friend Paul who will be able to see and check it over as I am in Atlanta. Will make sure we get pics. Really interested to see the interior and engine compartment. as well as underside.

In the meantime, I have a few questions.

Assuming the car will need, among other things, plugs, wires, cap, carb re-build, gas tank cleaning, fuel pump?, Fuel lines?, what is my best bet for buying these parts? Assuming the car is clean, I'd like to do it right and use OEM-type parts. Best place to buy?

Also, I only have a couple of pics of the interior but one pic does show that the drivers seat has a seam rip. Any idea if this can be repaired? Can the panel be replaced but the rest of the seat upholstery retained if it is in overall good shape? The rear seat looks pretty good. Looks like they pulled it to check for gold!

Thanks!

Steve

Attachments

• 049.jpg
    049.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 66
  • 045-2.jpg
    045-2.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 68

CougarCJ

If the fuel tank needs to be changed, I would change the fuel lines too.

Fine Lines and Classic Tube are the two main manufacturers of the fuel and brake lines for Mustangs.

R&R Classics can get you fuel tanks, lines, and the other items.
<<<< Look over on this side for a link.:wink:

OP
OP
F

Forsche

If the fuel tank needs to be changed, I would change the fuel lines too.

Fine Lines and Classic Tube are the two main manufacturers of the fuel and brake lines for Mustangs.

R&R Classics can get you fuel tanks, lines, and the other items.
<<<< Look over on this side for a link.:wink:

But if the tank can be saved, its better to do
that correct? Thanks. I'll take a look.

clubpro

Steve,

You should be able to clean the tank as well as the fuel lines. The seat should be able to be repaired the seam has simply separated. Let me know if you need anything. I had a webstore, but the cost became too much compared to how much business I was doing so I shut it down. Go to scottdrake.net and find what you need. Email me the part numbers and I will send you the total cost.

Cheers,

Ron

68 special

Hey Tim, Those of us from ORYGUN also had a spotlight and a handyman jack mounted somewhare..LOL

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Car Shipped yesterday

Well the car is on it's way to my friend's shop in Illinois. Should arrive in 6 days. Put it on an open transport to save $. Hope that wasn't a mistake. Will have Paul take good pics when it arrives.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

Update - Car to be dropped off today in Illinois

Well it took longer than expected and the driver missed his delivery window Friday afternoon so had to wait until today to get delivery on the car. A bit concerned about the cold weather up there because I have no idea what condition the coolant/anti-freeze was in. Hoping for the best. Will get pics and information as soon as my friend is able to look it over.

OP
OP
F

Forsche

great find! Waiting to hear!

Well as it turns out the open transport was probably not the right idea. Weather sucked and the car looked pretty bad coming off the truck. Paul is going to clean it up so he can take an initial look.

Attachments

• IMG_1870.jpeg
    IMG_1870.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_5799-1.jpeg
    IMG_5799-1.jpeg
    137.5 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_9935.jpeg
    IMG_9935.jpeg
    111.5 KB · Views: 82

Midnight Special

Well as it turns out the open transport was probably not the right idea. Weather sucked and the car looked pretty bad coming off the truck. Paul is going to clean it up so he can take an initial look.

...Wow, I'm surprised you did that! Worst time of year to go cross-country "open" and worst possible location on the trailer. 'Hope she's not damaged!..

franklinair

What are the dark discolorations on the bottom of the driver's door?

Neil