• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Shifter Indicator Lights

lunker

My shifter indicator (C6 Auto w/console) lights are slightly out of syc with the shifter. Does anyone know how to adjust/fix this?

6t8-390gt

I would start by replacing the shifter bushings (rebuilt the shifter) this will remove the slack you may have in the shifter itself. While you are at it replace the bulb and ensure the shift selector is properly aligned. It will require the console to be removed. Most of the mustang magazines have covered rebuilding the shifter. It is one of the first things I do when I buy an old mustang.

PFSlim

Mine is slightly out of alignment as well. We recognized this when we were doing our restoration. We replaced the shifter bushings, moved around the shift selector (as best as possible since they don't move much) and then finally decided we would take it where it was at.

Good luck.

Paul

68gt390

Paul;
The shifter in my GT was the same way. Just replaced the bushings and went on my way. Although I should have replaced the plastic indicator since it was kinda worn but, it serves the purpose for now.

Don