• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

Looks like the new NPD catalog will have a CS on it

390cs68rcode

looking through the Muscle Machines magazine and the last page has a NPD ad. It shows the new catalogs and a light blue CS is on the Mustang catalog. Too bad it has incorrect taillight bezels (black trim).

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

got a response from Rick Schmidt (I believe he is a owner of NPD):

Hi Jason,
>
> Yes, we were aware of that, but beggars can't be choosers, and that car
> was absolutely perfect and beautiful for the "concept" we had in mind
> for this year's cover. Brittany Blue California Specials in that
> condition don't grow on trees, and that car was local and available to
> our Michigan location for photography. We removed the black paint in
> photoshop, but the art people thought it looked better left as it
> originally was when we put the two cover mock-ups side-by-side on the
> screen, so we compromised. We always try to have absolute-correct cars
> on the cover, but we also know that the vast majority of our customers
> take small liberties for personal preference on their own cars, and this
> car reflects that. Thanks for noticing!!

davidathans

I bought my tail lights and tail light bezels from the NPD in oxnard CA...they came with the black trim...at the time i didnt even care...but now i know that they are incorrect im just a little pissed off...i dont understand why NPD would even sell the bezels with the black trim when they are supposed to be chrome.

68gt390

davidathans said:
I bought my tail lights and tail light bezels from the NPD in oxnard CA...they came with the black trim...at the time i didnt even care...but now i know that they are incorrect im just a little pissed off...i dont understand why NPD would even sell the bezels with the black trim when they are supposed to be chrome.

David;
Keep in mind these same bezels are not only for our CS's but, still used on the Thunderbird as well. Therefore they figure it is easier for us to remove the black paint than it is for the Thunderbird folks to try and add it.

Don

Perkchiro

David: Very easy to remove the back perimeter paint. Laquer thinner worked well for me along with a little elbow grease. Just don't use Laquer thinner with the bezels on the car, it will damage your paint. Remove the bezels first and do this work away from your car. Good Luck!
Steve

68gt390

David;
As Steve mentioned, laquer thinner, dry very well then polish with 00 steel wool. They will look like new.

Don :grin:

PFSlim

That is correct. They are not hard to clean up and make chrome. I remember doing mine and my 12 year old son helped me with the elbow grease.

I am glad to hear that NPD is using the Cal Spec. I have bought quite a few parts from them in the past.

Paul

bbeatty

Hey I just received my new 2006 edition NPD catalog and that GT/CS is looking good! It's nice to get a little free PR but I wonder how may people who see the cover are thinking the car is a Shelby based on the square angle of the picture from the rear. I wish they would have shown the California Special emblem in the shot.

Regardless, thanks NPA for recognizing the CT/CS this year! :grin:

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

hopefully when they see the stripes on the rear they will realize it is not a Shelby. Would be funny to see those stripes on a real shelby convertible.

BroadwayBlue

Got mine the other day as well. Looks great! Wasn't expecting the rear view like that. Really stands out!

Is the owner a site member? Or in the registry?
If not let's try to get in touch with her.

BroadwayBlue

How's this? Try this one on for size.

Attachments

• Copy of 2006 NPD Cover.jpg
    Copy of 2006 NPD Cover.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 41

68gt390

There's those dreaded black painted bezels again. Hopefully folks will start taking note of the bezels if we post enough threads about it.

Don

OP
OP
390cs68rcode

390cs68rcode

68gt390 said:
There's those dreaded black painted bezels again. Hopefully folks will start taking note of the bezels if we post enough threads about it.

Don

god knows we have enough threads about it. :tongue:

joedls

I wonder where mustangproject.com gets their bezels. As you can see from the lights I put on my 65 convertible, they are chrome.

Attachments

• 110605 (7).JPG
    110605 (7).JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 30