• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What kind of cars did your parents own growing up?

Mustanglvr

Midnight Special said:
...Good golly Rhonda - 'went thru three cups of coffee reading that one! ;-)

Well, I do hope you at least found it entertaining.:grin:

ClskMstg

I used to play in a 1968 Meadowlark yellow with black standard interior Mustang coupe when I was 5..... I bought the duplicate of that car last year. I didnt set out for that, it just ended up that way.

Two days ago... I just purchased the 1967 Fairlane 500 my parents bought in April of 1967. The car has been here in town... and, I broke down and bought it just to keep it off the tote the note lot.

I'm a Mustang guy... however, its a good car with 57,000 miles. Its a neat story, and I'll have fun with it for a little while. I'll probably sell it because I have 2 parking places, and three cars... however, its pretty cool to have my dads name in the owners manual.

:wink:

still looking for one

Fathers cars

1939 Studebaker Commander, bought brand new when up and coming IBM Engineer at Ansel Schloss Studebaker in San Francisco. Salesman taught him how to drive it!! Kept till 1959, broke down with just 55k on it. Gave it away to tow truck driver.

1954 Ford Ranchwagon, bought new Doheman Ford San Rafael CA.kept till

1962 Ford Country Squire "Baffin Blue" bought new at Ames Ford, list price $3453 manual steering, manual brakes, no aircon, windup windows, dog dish hubcaps, 3 speed stick, ie, roof rack, basically a top of the line stripped model, kept to 1994, mechanic said it was junk, sell for $400, but advertised in Hemmings for $3200, WENT TO A COUPLE OF COLLECTORS NOW in Connecticut, where is concours condition, appraised at $16,000

1964 Falcon 2 door, Wimbledon white, heater was only option, price leader at end of '64, cost $1939, sold when he moved, 55k, to nieghbor for $100 and neighbor resold 1 week later for $600

1986 AMC Eagle 4wd wagon, bought new at Hockett's, Grass Valley CA. 12/85ucrapped out with 49k in 02 or 03

His last Used 1995 Subaru Outback AWD wagon, (MAITA Subaru in Sacramento, It was traded there for a new Subie)

A fine and practical man