• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

. Carlisle 2009 All Ford Nationals

2009 Carlisle All-Ford Nationals Attendance

• I will be attending with my 1968 GT/CS

Votes: 3 37.5%
  • I will be attending with my 2007+ GT/CS

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I will be attending with my 1968 HCS

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • I will be attending with my 1966-1967 HCS

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sorry, I will not be able to attend this year

Votes: 3 37.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

BroadwayBlue

*** OLD THREAD - PLEASE SEE OTHER THREAD WITH SAME SUBJECT!! ***

NOTE: A new thread is going to be created for this due to an issue with the poll above. Please see the other thread - all posts and voting results will be moved to that thread. Thanks!

Hi Everyone!

I'm working with Carlisle again so we can have a GT/CS and HCS class at the 2009 Carlisle All Ford Nationals.

I have approached them this year with the option of splitting the early and late model cars into separate classes. This looks like it will be possible.

The classes would most likely be:
1968 GT/CS and HCS
and
2007+ GT/CS

What I really need to pull this off is some help in finding out the number of attendees we can expect. Last year we ended up with a lot more cars than I knew about and we ran out of room in the spot they gave us. This caused a number of cars to have to park in other areas.

Once I have some idea on the numbers I can report back to the Event Director and workout the details.

If we get 25 cars pre-registered by May 19th, we qualify for a free 20x20 tent for the weekend.

A key to this is having the 25 cars enter
"CaliforniaSpecial.com" as the club on their registration form. I know some people register with their other car club names so they qualify for a tent. That's fully understandable. This may cause us to miss the 25 limit but it's worth a shot. If someone is coming that is going to be in a different non-GT/CS class and has no other club affiliation, they can enter "CaliforniaSpecial.com" as well.

Make sure you indicate GT/CS or HCS as your model if you register online so you are entered in the GT/CS classes if that's where you want to be.

This year the dates are June 5th to June 7th.

I am adding a poll to this thread to get an idea on how many people are planning on attending.
If you are unsure at this time please post that in this thread or PM me with info on the changes that you may attend and I'll follow up with you later.

If you're unsure please don't vote in the poll until you have a better idea of your plans since you can't change your vote.

Info for the show can be found here
http://www.carlisleevents.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/index.asp

Here are pictures from last year...

GT/CS and HCS specific pics
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136136_9DVfa/1/310427648_BcMDf

Friday CJ Pony Parts Drive
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136347_6tonV/1/310437769_Kte3Z

Gallery of all photos from the 2008 Carlisle weekend
http://ponyrides.smugmug.com/gallery/5136428_wcWQp/1/310466637_jWuRF

Looking forward to another great turnout of GT/CS and HCS cars at Carlisle this year and getting together with everyone!!! Hopefully this can be an annual CS/HCS get together.

Thanks for your help and Happy New Year!!

Last edited:

QuarterHorse

Rich:

Thanks for taking the time to put this together again this year. I think splitting the classes up between early and late model Mustangs is a good idea. I really enjoyed talking with the early model guys last year and look forward to seeing them again. Unfortunately, I am a member of a Mustang club that will be attending the event and will be registering under that club. I don't think Carlisle allows you to register under more than one club.

Thanks again,

Skip

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Rich:

Thanks for taking the time to put this together again this year. I think splitting the classes up between early and late model Mustangs is a good idea. I really enjoyed talking with the early model guys last year and look forward to seeing them again. Unfortunately, I am a member of a Mustang club that will be attending the event and will be registering under that club. I don't think Carlisle allows you to register under more than one club.

Thanks again,

Skip

Hi Skip,

My pleasure!

We'll see what happens, if the numbers are anything like last year we should be in good shape.

I understand on the club - no problem.

It would be cool if they park us near each other again but I'm not sure that's feasible. I'm thinking they might put us closer to other classes of cars with the same years but we'll see

Either way hopefully we can all hangout for awhile and hopefully it's cooler than last year!

OP
OP
BroadwayBlue

BroadwayBlue

Reminder - old thread....

*** OLD THREAD - PLEASE SEE OTHER THREAD WITH SAME SUBJECT!! ***

NOTE: A new thread is going to be created for this due to an issue with the poll above. Please see the other thread and vote on the poll on the other thread instead of here. All posts and voting results here will eventually be moved to that thread. Thanks!

Here is a link to the active thread. Thanks!

http://californiaspecial.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7060

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.