• Welcome to the CaliforniaSpecial.com forums! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all our site features, please take a moment to join our community! It's fast, simple and absolutely free.

If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Please Note: If you are an existing member and your password no longer works, click here to reset it.

What to do with rustbucket parts car (GT/CS)

harryz

Aloha from the island of O'ahu

I'm finally getting around to doing the body/paint work on my GT/CS. As part of this long running project, I bought a GT/CS parts car that has been here in Hawaii for a very long time. As you might suspect, after prolonged exposure to the salt air, there is rust EVERYWHERE. I'm going to strip it of all the Cal Special parts, but the question is:

What do I do with the parts car when I'm done?

I have a Marti report indicating this is (was) a very nicely equipped GT/CS (a/c, deluxe interior, 302-4v/auto) and I'd hate to see it just get crushed. But do you think would there be any market for an extremely rusted GT/CS that's missing all of the GT/CS pieces? Essentially someone would be buying a title and serial numbers, and I don't want to know what the person would do with them (I believe swapping VINs on a vehicle is illegal).

Just looking for ideas.... Mahalo

nfrntau

If you are considering a crusher as the alternative. I would write a creative E-bay add and see what happens. Some folks are gluttens for vehicular punishment.
Just look at me!
Someone out there will give you something for it.
I think shipping will be the biggest deciding factor for your buyer. You might look into that a bit before you list the car/shell.
That's my 2 cents

I am certainly interested in it. Any idea what shipping would be to get it to the mainland? Is the engine and tranny still in it? Contact me if you are seriously considering selling it. Can't be any worse than the old Mustangs sitting around Minnesota there whole life.

Thanks
Jerry

jk89cat

i am building a 67 clone and would love to find one like that . being i need all the fiberglass parts and misc parts

Mustanglvr

Harryz,
Just have it crushed and surrender the title or destroy it. Like you said, it would be someone just buying the title and serial numbers. Doing that would prevent someone from producing a clone and passing it off as an authentic GT/CS. Also it would make the remaining GT/CS`s all the more rare. Or you could just sell it like it is, with all its GT/CS parts and use the money to buy the parts you need for your GT/CS somewhere else like over the internet. Thus, possibly saving that rusted GT/CS. My 2 cents worth. :)Rhonda

Kahuna

Harryz:

What Part of the Island are you on? We should hook up and talk CS.......Been a while since I saw another GTCS.

68sunlitgold

Harry,
Please send both VIN # to Paul for registration (or register them on-line here), and put a discription next to each on the condition. As Paul stated in his book, "I want them dead or alive".

Doug

Mustanglvr

ok jk89cat,
I did`nt mean anything against you personally by advising that. But it is a good idea for him to surrender the title if its just going for parts.

:)Rhonda